The Town Clerk’s Office will be open for extended hours Thursday and Friday for the collection of town and county property taxes, which are due Friday. Clerk Marjory Jaeger reminded residents that they may also pay their taxes by mail, in person or online.
Full payment may be made by check or money order at any area Key Bank. Online payments may also be made by e-check, credit and debit cards at www.amherst.ny.us, though service fees apply.
Regular hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. This Thursday and Friday, however, the office will be open until 6 p.m.
Also this week:
• The Williamsville Village Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 5565 Main St. The meeting will be preceded by a work session at 6 p.m. The meeting date has been moved from Monday to accommodate the schedules of several trustees who will be out of town that day.
• The Town Board will hold a special meeting at 3 p.m. Monday in the council chambers of the Amherst Municipal Building, 5583 Main St., Williamsville. The regularly scheduled work session has been canceled. Among the items on the agenda for action are the unpaid Highway Department invoices with the Municipal Milling company for paving material.
• The Williamsville School Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the District Office board room, 105 Casey Road.
• At 3 p.m. today, the village will be hosting a free screening of the movie “Chocolat” in the Williamsville Meeting House at 5658 Main Street. A dinner special after the movie will be provided by Creekview Restaurant. Call the restaurant for details.
• The Clearfield Community Center will be have open gym for all ages during Presidents Week from 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Gym space and a variety of sports equipment will be made available. An adult must accompany children under the age of six. The fee $10 per family per session. A valid resident ID and pre-registration is required; visit www.amherstyouthandrec.org to register.