Hamburg village officials are hoping to take ownership soon of a small parcel of green space near the roundabout at Legion Drive, Clark and Buffalo streets.
The state Department of Transportation plans to deed the property to the village, Village Attorney Edward J. Murphy said.
“The only reason the state owns it is because the state took it for development and this is left over,” he said.
It is the same parcel where the village plans to erect a three-legged post-and-beam covered structure that looks like an old trolley stop. Volunteers have been assembling the structure, with wood made from locally grown larch trees.
The village already maintains the property, a small grassy area to be used as a park.
The town Recreation Office is offering discounted Kissing Bridge all-day lift passes for sale for use Feb. 19-22 and two-hour Colden Tubing passes for $10 each. The sales will continue through Feb. 22, but tubing passes are redeemable for anytime during the remainder of the 2012-13 season. All discount tickets must be purchased at the Recreation Office on Lakeview Road.
Also this week:
• The Town Board will conduct a work session at 6 p.m. Monday in Conference Room No. 1 followed by a regular meeting in the court room in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The town Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Room 7B in Town Hall.
• The village Historic Preservation Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg Central School Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Middle School, 360 Division St. The board plans to go into executive session, then reopen the meeting to the public at 7:30 p.m.
• The village Architectural Review Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The village Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The village Environmental Conservation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• The Blasdell Planning Board will meet at 7:30 Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The village Traffic Safety Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.