The Civil Service exam for Orchard Park police chief and assistant chief will be given March 23.
Town officials said three officers plan to take the exam: Interim Chief Mark Pacholec and Lts. Bruce Dearborn and Joseph Wehrfritz. The Police Department does not have an assistant chief or captains.
Former Chief Andrew Benz retired Jan. 3.
Town Board members approved a new regulation that will allow police and building inspectors to ticket property owners where snow has been plowed, shoveled, blown or placed on a public road or sidewalk. The old ordinance required them to observe the snow being put in the road or on the sidewalk. The board also rezoned about 17 acres at 5200 Chestnut Ridge Road from R-2 to R-3, senior designation to allow the construction of senior housing.
Also this week:
• Dr. B.G. Flickinger will discuss Blenheim Palace and the Churchills during a Victorian tea and slide lecture at 3 p.m. March 3 in Orchard Park Presbyterian Church, 4369 S. Buffalo St. Tickets must be purchased by Feb. 24 at the church.
• The Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the municipal center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The town Comprehensive Plan Implementation Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the municipal center.
• The School Board will meet at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday in the administration building, 3330 Baker Road, and plans to go into executive session to discuss the appraisal of the Baker Road school. The meeting will reopen for the public session at 7 p.m.
• The town Recreation Commission will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the municipal center.
• The town Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the municipal center.