• The Erie County Industrial Development Agency, Policy Committee Meeting, 8:30 a.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce, Business Round Table, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Clarence Town Library, Three Town Place, Clarence. Reservations, 631-3888.
• Buffalo Chapter of Project Management Institute, monthly dinner meeting, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Classics V Restaurant, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Program: “Taking it to the Next Level– a Project Review.” 1.5 PDUs. Information, visit www.pmibuffalo.org.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 818-2526.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo Sunrise, breakfast meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Saturn Club, Founders Room, 977 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost, $15. Information, 667-6613.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m. today and 8:30 a.m., Wednesday and Thursday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Reservations, 632-6905.
• The Emerging Business Leaders, Coffee Connections, 8-9 a.m., Corner Bakery Café, 1551 Niagara Falls Blvd, Amherst. Registration, www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, “Imagine Exploring Nature: Celebrating Milestones of Science and Imagination,” noon-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, NetWorks!, 5-7 p.m., Stuffed Chocolate, Ltd, 136 Walton, Amherst. Cost, $5. Reservations, 684-5838.
• The American Business Women’s Association of Western New York (ABWA), professional networking event, 5:30 p.m., Parings Wine Bar, 5893 Main St., Williamsville. Cost, $15, includes appetizers and cash bar. Advance registration, www.abwawny.com/events; click on the February 12 event link. Information, email@example.com.
• Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, Business After Hours, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Tully’s Good Times, 1449 French Road, Depew. Cost, $5. Reservations, 681-9755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Canisius College Center for Professional Development, “30-Under-30” young professionals networking event, 6-8 p.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Open to the public.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations, 202-8423.
• The Labor and Employment Relations Association of WNY, Law Night dinner meeting, 4:30 p.m., Hearthstone Manor, 333 Dick Road, Depew. Cost: $25, advance; $28, at the door. Reservations, Sandy Luedke, 849-5466; email@example.com or secretary@lerawny.
• The Independent Association of Accountants of New York, informative round table discussion and tax update meeting, 6 p.m., Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road., Depew. Reservations and information, 674-0636.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Recreation Center, Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Erie County Industrial Development Agency and Buffalo and Erie County Regional Development Corporation, Loan Committee meeting, 8:30 a.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• Kiwanis Club of Buffalo, luncheon meeting, 12:10 p.m., Holiday Inn Downtown, 620 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Contact 854-4034 or www.buffalokiwanisclub.com.
• Buffalo Niagara National Association of Women Business Owners, NAWBO, networking and dinner meeting, 5:30 p.m., Windows on the Green, Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest, Williamsville. Cost: $30, member; $40, guest. Topic: “How the Fiscal Cliff and Other Tax Law Changes Will Affect Your Business in 2013.” Registration, www.nawbowny.org.
Seminars and classes
• The Construction Exchange of Buffalo & WNY, and the Niagara Frontier Chapter Construction Financial Management Association, Construction Industry seminar, 8:30 a.m., Ramada Hotel and Conference Center, 2402 North Forest Road, Getzville. Information, www.conexbuff.com or 874-3435.
• The Buffalo State College Small Business Development Center, Survive and Thrive: Essentials for Starting Your Own Small Business workshop, 8:30 a.m.-noon, Burchfield Penney Art Center, Second floor, 1300 Elmwood Ave. Registration, 8 to 8:30 a.m. Cost: $20, individuals; fee waived for Buffalo State faculty, staff, students, alumni and U.S. military veterans. Call 878-4030.
• Buffalo Niagara Sales and Marketing Executives, luncheon seminar, 11 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Program: “The Marketing & Sales Imperative: Making or Breaking it in America,” presented by Steve Martin, Chapter chair, Buffalo Niagara SCORE. Cost: $25, nonmembers; $15, members/students. Registration: 662-2279 or www.bnsme.org.
• The Niagara Frontier Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers, luncheon meeting, 11:30 a.m., JW Danforth Company, 200 Colvin Woods Parkway, Tonawanda. Cost, $15. Topic: Underground Utility Dangers, presented by NY Dig Safe. Required reservations, www.nfasse.org.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations, 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information, 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information, 553-8883.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, Membership Luncheon, noon, Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Cost: $20, Chamber members; $25, nonmembers. Reservations, 684-5838.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. 854-3397.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information, www.workingfordowntown.org.
• The Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, free networking event for new and prospective members, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Spot Coffee, 5530 Main St., Williamsville. Registration, www.prsabufaloniagara.org or 508-0277.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo Eat Well Live Well Challenge, training sessions, 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Wegmans store, 5275 Sheridan Drive, Williamsville. A complimentary healthy continental breakfast. Required preregistration, 851-4052 or email BeActive@City-Buffalo.org.
• The Ken-Ton Chamber and the Chamber of the Tonawandas, luncheon meeting, noon, Classics V Banquet Hall, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Topic: The River Road Corridor-Re-imagining the Tonawandas. Cost, $18. Reservations, 874-1202.
Seminars and classes
• Developing Professionals and Trocaire College’s Workforce Development Department, professional development classes, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., 360 Choate Ave, Buffalo. Topic: Recruiting, Interviewing & Selecting Employees. Information or registration, 827-4310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminars and classes
• The Buffalo Multifamily Investment Property Expo and Trade Show 2013, 8:30-5 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Information and required registration, www.rjgullo.com or 675-1500.
• Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Buffalo, free Money In Motion Financial Education Workshop, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., American Red Cross Blood Services Building, Training Center-Room 4, 786 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Reservations, 712-2060.
• The Western New York Chapter of the Financial Planning Association, monthly lunch meeting, 11:15 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Sonoma Grille, 5010 Main St., Snyder. Cost: Free, chapter members; $25 nonmembers. Reservations required, 688-3096 or www.fpawny.org.
• Greater Buffalo Building Owners and Managers Association, networking and lunch meeting and tour, 11:30 a.m., The Greenhouse Room, Hotel @Lafayette, 361 Washington St., Buffalo. Tickets: $25, BOMA member; $30, nonmember. Required preregistration, 856-3801
• Buffalo Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, Lunch and Learn Video Teleconference, 1-3:15 p.m., Northeast Retirement Plan Advisors, 950-A Union Road, West Seneca. Topic: Healthcare: The Times They Are a Changing. Continuing Education 2 credits. Required registration, 860-5478 or www.buffalofinancialpro.org.
• APICS-Buffalo, the Association for Operations Management and the National Association of Purchasing Management-Buffalo, joint professional development meeting, 5 p.m., Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Cost: $25, members and guests; $15, full-time student. Information and registration, www.apics-buffalo.com; www.napmbuffalo.com or 648-0972.
Seminars and classes
• SCORE, the SBA and Buffalo and the North Tonawanda Public Library, “Starting and Managing Your Business,” a pre-business and startup planning workshop, designed for those in business or interested in learning how to start a business, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., North Tonawanda Public Library, 505 Meadow Drive, North Tonawanda. Cost, $30; veterans, free with proper ID. Workbook, $15. Required reservations, www.BuffaloNiagara.Score.Org.