The town is continuing its replacement of snow plow trucks.
The Town Board approved bids last week for two plow trucks and two dump bodies and plow equipment. Fleet Maintenance won the contract for the heavy duty plow trucks, cab and chassis, with a bid of $187,176. The town purchased two dump bodies and plow equipment under the state bid of $129,972.
Also, Supervisor Steven J. Walters has been elected president of the Association of Erie County Governments, which represents cities, towns and villages in Erie County.
Also this week:
• The Village Board will conduct a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Frontier School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Frontier Educational Center at 5120 Orchard Ave.
• The town Planning Board will conduct a work session at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Room 7B in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave. The board will consider a request from Pleasant Development to rezone 88 acres of vacant land from residential-agricultural to residential in order to construct a mixed use residential development and conduct a public hearing at 7 p.m. on a request for an amended site plan for the Oakwood Apartment project on the north side of Lake Avenue, east of South Park Avenue.
• The Blasdell Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The village Recreation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Youth Center, 200 Prospect Ave.
• The village Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.