Mr. and Mrs. Robert Varney of Town of Tonawanda celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a renewal of marriage vows in their home, followed by a gathering with family and friends. Mr. Varney and Joanna Dories were married Nov. 16, 1962, in St. Bridget Catholic Church, Buffalo. He is a retired tool maker for Chevrolet; she retired from Merchant Mutual Insurance Co. They have four children and eight grandchildren.
Joanna and Robert Varney
- 256 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 130 Letter: NY SAFE Act recognizes Second Amendment rights
- 78 Another Voice: Erie COunty has the opportunity to protect itself from fracking chemicals
- 73 Letter: Entitlement programs keep people in poverty
- 65 BTF to protest Common Core outside regent's home