Mr. and Mrs. Robert Varney of Town of Tonawanda celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a renewal of marriage vows in their home, followed by a gathering with family and friends. Mr. Varney and Joanna Dories were married Nov. 16, 1962, in St. Bridget Catholic Church, Buffalo. He is a retired tool maker for Chevrolet; she retired from Merchant Mutual Insurance Co. They have four children and eight grandchildren.
Joanna and Robert Varney
- 405 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 152 Letter: Women, not their employers, should pay for birth control
- 137 Letter: Hatred of Obama is richly deserved
- 90 Letter: SAFE Act is flawed, needs to be repealed
- 89 Making the case for Core, King rejects argument that education standards are too difficult