Winterfest returns today to Main Street Town Park, 10405 Main St., from noon to 5 p.m.
Special events include a Star Wars performance at 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m.; “Bubblemania” with The Bubbleman from 1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.; a petting zoo from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.; and Irish dancing from 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
There will also be ice skating, food, hayrides, sledding and a bonfire, and a chili/chowder cookoff at the large pavilion.
The event is presented by the Clarence Chamber of Commerce and the Youth Bureau.
Also this week:
• Natvity of the Blessed Virgin Mary School, 8550 Main St., will hold an open house 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today.
• Clarence United Methodist Church, 10205 Greiner Road, today begins participating in “40 Days in the Word,” a six-week study by Rick Warren that teaches how to read the Bible and apply it to one’s life. Participants will join one of about 14 small groups – each with a facilitator – that meet once a week, and are welcome to join any time during the six-week period. For details, call 759-8921.
• A Planning Board executive meeting will be 9 a.m. Monday at Town Hall.
• The School Board will hold a budget workshop at 7 p.m. Monday at the High School lecture hall, 9625 Main St.
• Monday is the registration deadline for the “Stuff An Animal” workshop, which will be Feb. 9 at the Youth Bureau, 10510 Main St. The cost is $20 per child. Call 407-2162.
• Town Supervisor David C. Hartzell Jr. says he is naming Larry Meckler as deputy supervisor, with the passing of Kathleen Hallock last week. Meckler is also town attorney.
• Brad Packard is leaving as assistant director of community development to become a project manager for Ciminelli Real Estate Corp. Packard worked for the town for five years.
• The town’s residents survey is available online, at www2.erie.gov/clarence.
• Four members of Clarence Boy Scout Troop 93 attained the rank of Eagle Scout: Andrew Fedor, 18; Steven Dahn, 18; Adam Zakrzewski, 15; and Thaddeus Okon, 16.
• The Clarence Women’s Club will hold its monthly meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 4 in the Town Park Clubhouse, 10405 Main St. The guest speaker will be Brenda Alesii, Entercom Radio sales and marketing consultant. Her presentation, “Life Is A Series of Re-Boots”, will encompass her work experiences. Guests and new members welcome. For details, call 759-9797.