Southern Erie County
The Elma Town Board last week agreed to pay $6,500 this year to the Elma, Marilla and Wales Boys and Girls Club.
The club is expanding its program to include children with disabilities.
In other matters, the board
• Set a public hearing for 7 p.m. Feb. 27 on a drainage district for lots adjacent to Briggswood Drive and Gaylord Court.
• Learned from Code Enforcement Officer Joseph Colern that the Building Department last year issued 286 permits, including for 17 homes and 11 patio homes. Fees collected were $117,149 on estimated value of construction of more than $17 million. Also included were 6 new commercial buildings and various additions.
• Closed its meeting with a moment of silence in memory of Mae Charlotte Yacobush, town historian from 1988 to 2003, who recently died at age 92.
Also this week:
• The Eden Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the second floor conference room in Town Hall, 2795 E. Church St.
• The Marilla Town Board will hold a work session at 7 p.m. Tuesday. in the upper meeting room at the town hall, 1740 Two Rod Road.
Discussions will focus on whether the town should turn the water districts over to the Erie County Water Authority. The Board will vote on the matter at its Feb. 14 meeting.