• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 818-2526.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo Sunrise, breakfast meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Saturn Club, Founders Room, 977 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost, $15. Information, 667-6613.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• The Buffalo Urban Development Corporation board of directors meeting, noon, ECIDA/BUDC office, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Reservations, 856-6525, Ext. 136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, “Imagine Lifelong Learning & Buffalo Niagara as a Bi-National Cultural Center,” 12:10-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Speaker: Hon. Paul Dyster, Mayor, Niagara Falls. Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce NetWorks!, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Bravo! Cucina Italiana, 1 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Hors d’oeuvres and drink specials, $5. Reservations, 684-5838.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations, 202-8423.
Seminars and classes
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Accelerate Upstate, 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Buffalo Niagara Convention Center, Convention Center Plaza, Buffalo. Topic: What’s working for economic development in Upstate New York, and what’s left to do? Tickets: $80. Partnership members; $125, nonmembers. Registration, 541-1770.
• One Region Forward, Community Congress, an interactive public forum, 7-9 p.m., Asbury Hall, 341 Delaware Ave, Buffalo and 2-4 p.m., Saturday, Conference and Event Center Niagara Falls, 101 Old Falls St., Niagara Falls. One Region Forward, an initiative aimed at ensuring long-term economic prosperity, environmental quality, and community strength across the Buffalo Niagara Region, is funded by a $2M federal grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development as part of the Partnership for Sustainable Communities Initiative, an interagency partnership among HUD, the U.S. Department of Transportation, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Information, www.oneregionforward.org.
• ISA-Niagara Frontier Section, tour of Yahoo! Data Center, 6 p.m., 5319 Enterprise Drive, Lockport , followed by dinner. Cost: $20, students, veterans, & ISA members; $30, nonmembers. Reservations, 695-6354, Ext. 1118 or e-mail email@example.com.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Recreation Center, Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Scramble Networking Series 8-10 a.m., Buffalo Niagara Marriott, 1340 Millersport Highway, Amherst. Tickets: $25, Partnership member; $50, nonmember; $60, series (members only). Registration: www.thepartnership.org/events or 541-1770.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking, City meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Canisius College Demerly Hall, 2365 Main St. Buffalo. Topic: “Reduce Stress In The Work Place & Increase Productivity” and “Clean & Lean In Time For Spring.” Reservations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations, 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information, 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information, 553-8883.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Program: Buffalo Rotary’s New Website. Call, 854-3397.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information, www.workingfordowntown.org.
Seminars and classes
• Binational Alliance Global Gateway Exports & Financing Series, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Hotel @The Lafayette, 391 Washington St., Buffalo. Session 1: Geo Thermal and Radiant Heating Technologies, Cost: Free, BA members; $35, nonmembers. Credit Card prepay reservations, 856-6525, Ext. 157; Nick.Giangreco@BTAPartners.com.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, Legislative Round Table and breakfast meeting, 8:30 a.m., Buffalo Hilton Garden Inn, 4201 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Cost: $15, Chamber members; $20, nonmembers. Reservations, 684-5838.
Seminars and classes
• Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo, Eat Well Live Well Challenge training sessions 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. today or Friday, Feb. 15, Wegmans store, 5275 Sheridan Dr., Williamsville. Complimentary healthy continental breakfast served. Information or required preregistration, 851-4052 or BeActive@City-Buffalo.org.
Seminars and classes
• Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Buffalo, Money in Motion financial education workshops, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Red Cross Blood Services Building, Training Center-Room 4, 786 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Reservations, 712-2060; information 712-2060 or www.cccsbuffalo.org.
• The Buffalo Niagara Travel Professionals, networking and dinner meeting, 5:15 p.m. Hard Rock Café Niagara Falls, 333 Prospect St., Niagara Falls. Cost: $25, member; $30, guest and late fee. Reservations: Check payable to “BNTP” to Justin Zarnoch, Hampton Inn, 49 Olean St., East Aurora, NY 14052.
• The Canisius College Women’s Business Center, “Sister Mixer,” winter networking event, 5-7 p.m., Larkin Center of Commerce, 701 Seneca St., Buffalo. Fee, $30, person; free, WBC clients. Hors d’oeuvres, desserts and beverages served by Everyday Gourmet. Registration, 888-8280; or canisius.edu/wbc. Information, e-mail email@example.com.
• Buffalo Niagara PDMA Winter Meeting and Intellectual Property Expert Panel Discussion, 5-8 p.m., Hodgson Russ, 140 Pearl St., Suite 100, Buffalo. Information, www.pdma.org/p/cm/ld/fid=55.
• The Buffalo Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals, dinner and networking meeting, 5:15 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Buffalo. Program: “Meetings, Virtual Teams: How the Move to Virtual is Affecting Admins. Information and reservations, 874-1006 or 923-4811 or debbie firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Buffalo Niagara Chapter of New York State Women, networking dinner meeting, 5:30 p.m. Protocol Restaurant, 6766 Transit Road, Williamsville. Cost: $30, member; $35, guest. Registration, www.bncwomeninc.org.