• Niagara Frontier Subcontractors Association, membership and dinner meeting, 5:30 p.m., Curly’s, 647 Ridge Road, Lackawanna. Cost, $27, person. Reservations, 875-4627 or email@example.com.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 818-2526.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo Sunrise, breakfast meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Saturn Club, Founders Room, 977 Delaware Ave. Cost, $15. Information, 667-6613.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m., today and 8:30 a.m., Wednesday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Reservations, 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• The Buffalo Urban Development Corp. Downtown Committee meeting, noon, 901 City Hall, 65 Niagara Square. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, “Imagine The Arts as Our Universal Language: In Pursuit of Happiness," noon-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce, After Hours Business Blender, 5:30-7 p.m., ITT Tech, 2295 Millersport Highway, Getzville. Reservations, 631-3888.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations, 202-8423.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Recreation Center, Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce, AM Networking meeting, 8 a.m., Gianni Mazia’s, 10325 Main St., Clarence. Information, 631-3888.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• Kiwanis Club of Buffalo, noon, Holiday Inn Downtown, 620 Delaware Ave. Cost, $15. Information, 854-4034.
• The Orchard Park Kiwanis Club, 6 p.m., Dove Restaurant, 3002 Abbott Road, Orchard Park. Information, call 674-7436.
Seminars and classes
•The Canisius College Women’s Business Center, “Is Your Company Ready for Social Media?” 9 a.m.–noon, Canisius College Women’s Business Center, 2365 Main St. Cost: $50, general public; free, WBC members. Information and registration, socialmediabizsummit.com or 888-8280.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest Road, Amherst. Reservations, 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information, 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The Buffalo Chapter of Project Management Institute, Breakfast Roundtable-Downtown, 7:15-8:45 a.m., Brawlers Deli, Pearl Street Grill, 76 Pearl St. No reservations required.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information, 553-8883.
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce, Annual State of the Town Luncheon, noon, Orazio’s Restaurant, 9415 Main St., Clarence. Cost, $25/person. Reservations, 631-3888.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce Luncheon, State of the Town Address, noon, Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Cost: $20, Chamber members; $25, nonmembers. Reservations, call 684-5838.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace. Program: Webster Block by the Buffalo Sabres. Call, 854-3397.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information, www.workingfordowntown.org.
Seminars and classes
• The NYS Center of Excellence at the University at Buffalo, January Life Sciences Commercialization Lecture Series: SmartPill-A Vision from Inside, 4-5 p.m., NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences at UB, 701 Ellicott St. Registration, 2013Januarylectureseries.eventbrite.com/.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Ken-Ton Chamber of Commerce, luncheon meeting, noon, Banchetti’s Banquet Facility, 550 North French Road, Amherst. Speaker: Sen. Mark Grisanti. Cost, $18. Required reservations, 874-1202.
Seminars and classes
• The Hamburg Chamber of Commerce and Hilbert College Better Your Business seminar, 8 a.m., Swan Hall Auditorium, Hilbert College campus, 5200 South Park Ave., Hamburg. Check in, 7:30 a.m. Program: “Creating a Successful Business Plan.” Free and open to the general public. Required advance reservations, 649-7917 or www.hamburg-chamber.org.
• Trocaire College’s Workforce Development Department and Developing Professionals, professional development class, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Trocaire College, 6681 Transit Road, Lancaster. Topic: Managing Stress and Surviving Change. Fee $149. Information or registration, 827-4310 or email@example.com.
• The Buffalo Urban Development Corporation board of directors meeting, noon, ECIDA/BUDC office, 143 Genesee St. Reservations, 856-6525, Ext. 136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce NetWorks!, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Bravo! Cucina Italiana, 1 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Hors d’oeuvres and drink specials, $5. Reservations, 684-5838.
Seminars and classes
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Accelerate Upstate, 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Buffalo Niagara Convention Center, Convention Center Plaza. Topic: What’s working for economic development in Upstate New York, and what’s left to do? Tickets: $80. Partnership members; $125, nonmembers. Registration, 541-1770.
• ISA-Niagara Frontier Section, tour of Yahoo! Data Center, 6 p.m., 5319 Enterprise Dr., Lockport followed by dinner. Cost: $20, students, veterans, & ISA members; $30, nonmembers. Reservations, 695-6354, Ext. 1118, or email email@example.com.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Scramble Networking Series 8-10 a.m., Buffalo Niagara Marriott, 1340 Millersport Hwy., Amherst. Tickets: $25, Partnership member; $50, nonmember; $60, series (members only). Registration: www.thepartnership.org/events or 541-1770.