A proposal to urge Erie Community College to establish medical and dental training programs at the former Sheehan Health Network property on Michigan Avenue will be discussed by the Common Council’s Community Development Committee at 1 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
Ellicott Council Member Darius G. Pridgen is sponsoring the measure, which he said will make relevant job training accessible for people who live near the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus.
A spokesman for ECC President Jack F. Quinn Jr. said the proposal would be brought to the college’s board of trustees. It’s not clear if this is a move ECC is interested to make.
Also this week:
• The School Board will hold a special meeting at 4 p.m. Tuesday in Room 801 of City Hall to discuss and vote on the sports/football program.
• The Planning Board will meet at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in Room 901 in City Hall, and is expected to review plans from Rocco Termini for a mixed-use development at the former FWS building on Elmwood Avenue in North Buffalo.
• The Council’s Civil Service Committee will meet at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Finance Committee will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Legislation Committee will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The public is invited to comment on revisions to the Buffalo Public Schools’ code of conduct at 6 p.m. Thursday at Buffalo Academy for Visual and Performing Arts, P.S. 192, at 450 Masten Ave. The meeting is hosted by Citizen Action of Buffalo.