• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 818-2526.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo Sunrise, breakfast meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Saturn Club, Founders Room, 977 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost, $15. Information, 667-6613.
• The Emerging Business Leaders, Coffee Connections, 8-9 a.m., Coffee Connections, 1551 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Registration, www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, noon-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Program: “From Monet to Van Gogh: A History of Impressionism, The Shock of the New,” a video by Professor Richard Brettell, University of Texas; and “Imagine a Healthy and Wealthy Buffalo Niagara Region: The Art of Investing Locally,” presented by Dr. Michael Cropp, president and CEO, Independent Health,”Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce’s, Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., Corner Bakery Cafe, 1551 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Free, Amherst Chamber members and first-time nonmember guests. Information or reservation www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• Buffalo Investors & Exchangors Group meeting, 7 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Program: “Buyer Beware: The 7 Most Common Mistakes in Purchasing Investment Property,” presented by Robert Friedman, Friedman & Ranzenhofer, Attorneys and “How To Analyze Multifamily Investment Property,” presented by Russell J Gullo. Free. Reservations, 675-1500.
•Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Call 202-8423.
• Western New York Venture Association, WNYVA, investment forum, 7:30-9 a.m., Buffalo Club, 388 Delaware Ave. Information, call Jack McGowan, 636-3626. Registration, visit to http://wnyventure1162013.eventbrite.com.
• Greater Buffalo Building Owners and Managers Association, 4:45 p.m., New Era Cap Company, 160 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Tickets: $25, BOMA member or member’s guest; $30, nonmember registration. Information or required registration, 856-3801.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Recreation Center, Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• The Buffalo Urban Development Corp. Finance and Audit Committee and Governance Committee meeting, 8:30 a.m., ECIDA/BUDC, 143 Genesee St. Call 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8:30 a.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Reservations, 632-6905.
• The Erie County Industrial Development Agency Buffalo and Erie County Regional Development Corp. Loan Write-Off Committee, 9:30 a.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking Amherst meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Canisius Amherst conference, Center, 300 corporate Pkwy., Amherst. Reservations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The University at Buffalo School of Management’s Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership, information session, 2013 Allstate Minority and Women Emerging Entrepreneurs program, 5-6 p.m., UB Downtown Gateway, 77 Goodell St., Room 208, Buffalo. Registration, email@example.com or 885-5715.
• The American Business Women’s Association of Western New York, monthly professional development dinner, 6 p.m., Banchetti’s Banquets and Catering, 550 N. French Road, Amherst. Required registration, www.abwawny.com/events.
Seminars and classes
• Buffalo Chapter of Project Management Institute, 10-week series of PMP/CAPM Certification Preparation Workshops, 5:45–9:15 p.m., HealthNow / BlueCross/BlueShield, 257 West Genesee St., Buffalo. Light supper, 5:30 p.m. Information, visit www.pmibuffalo.org.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest Road, Amherst. Reservations, 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information, 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information, 553-8883.
• Southtowns Business Network, breakfast networking meeting, 8 a.m., Alton’s Restaurant, 2221 Transit Road, Elma. Information, 681-5311 or www.southtownsbiznet.org.
• Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo, Eat Well Live Well Challenge, free information sessions for participating employers or community organizations, 9-10 a.m., Corporate Office Conference Room, Wegmans, 651 Dick Road, Depew. Information, www.eatwelllivewell.org. Required pre-registration, 851-4052 or BeActive@City-Buffalo.org.
• The Buffalo Urban Development Corp. Real Estate Committee Meeting, noon, BUDC/ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo, followed by the Buffalo Brownfield Restoration Corp. Confirmations, 362-8367 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, Installation of Officers Luncheon, noon-1:30 p.m., Salvatore’s Garden Place Hotel, 6615 Transit Road, Williamsville. Cost: $25, members; $35, future members. Required pre-payment. Reservations, 681-9755.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Call, 854-3397. • Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information, www.workingfordowntown.org.
Seminars and classes
• World Trade Center Buffalo Niagara WNY Business Leadership Forum 8-10 a.m., Burchfield Penney Art Center, 1300 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo. Complimentary continental breakfast. Registration, www.businessleadershipforum.com. Information, Paul Herlan, 856-3300.
• Buffalo Chapter of Project Management Institute, ten-week series of PMP/CAPM Certification Preparation Workshops, 5:45–9:15 p.m., Moog Inc., 300 Jamison Road, Elma. Light supper, 5:30 p.m. Information, www.pmibuffalo.org.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 2013 Annual Luncheon, 11:30 a.m., Classics V Banquet Center, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd, Amherst. Tickets, $37.50. Information or to reserve a ticket, www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• The Hamburg Chamber of Commerce, Annual State of the Town Address Luncheon, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave., Blasdell. Cost: $25, Chamber members & member guests; $30, prospective members. Registration information, 649-7917.
• Niagara Frontier Subcontractors Association, membership and dinner meeting, 5:30 p.m., Curly’s, 647 Ridge Road, Lackawanna. Cost, $27, person. Reservations, 875-4627 or email@example.com.
• The Buffalo Urban Development Corp. Downtown Committee meeting, noon, 901 City Hall, 65 Niagara Square, Buffalo. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.