• The Erie County Industrial Development Agency, Policy Committee Meeting, 8:30 a.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce, Business Round Table, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Clarence Town Library, Three Town Place, Clarence. Reservations, 631-3888.
Seminars and classes
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, At-Home Business “U” Program on Public Speaking, 6-7:30 p.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Cost, $30. Information or reservations, 632-6905 or www.amherst.org.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 818-2526.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo Sunrise, breakfast meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Saturn Club, Founders Room, 977 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost, $15. Information, 667-6613.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m., today and 8:30 a.m., Wednesday and Thursday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Reservations, 632-6905.
• Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo, Eat Well Live Well Challenge, free information sessions, 9-10 a.m., today and Jan. 17, Corporate Office Conference Room, Wegmans, 651 Dick Road, Depew. Information, www.eatwelllivewell.org. Required pre-registration, 851-4052 or BeActive@City-Buffalo.org.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce Job Fair 2013, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Walden Galleria, Lower Level, near Apple Computer, Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 684-5838.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, “Imagine The Arts as Our Universal Language: In Pursuit of Happiness,” noon-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• The Buffalo Niagara Partnership Buy Local Series, Sell Local by Utilizing Technology, 5:45-7 p.m., KeyBank–Stuyvesant Plaza Branch, 274 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo. Tickets, Free, Partnership members; $25, nonmembers. Registration, www.thepartnership.org/events or 541-1770.
•Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations, 202-8423.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Recreation Center, Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce, AM Networking, 8 a.m., Gianni Mazia’s, 10325 Main St., Clarence. Information, 631-3888.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking, South meeting, 8:15-9:30 a.m., Colonial Wine & Spirits, 3211 Southwestern Blvd., Orchard Park. Reservations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• Working for Downtown, Brown Bag Lunch Series, noon-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square (second-floor meeting room). Speaker: Jack Quinn, president, Erie Community College. Required reservations or to order a $10 box lunch, email@example.com.
Seminars and classes
• Buffalo Niagara Sales and Marketing Executives, luncheon seminar, 11:30 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Cost: $25, nonmembers; $15, members and students. Registration, 662-2279 or www.bnsme.org.
• Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners, networking, and dinner meeting, 5:30 p.m., Windows on the Green, Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest, Williamsville. Dinner 6 p.m. Cost: $30, member; $40, guest. Registration, www.nawbowny.org.
• The Buffalo Chapter Society Of Financial Service Professionals, Continuing Education Breakfast, 8-9:30 a.m., Milo’s Banquet Facility, 5877 Main Street, Williamsville. Cost: $15, breakfast and $25, continuing education credit, nonmembers. Information, 860-5478 or www.buffalofinancialpro.org.
• Buffalo Chapter of the Project Management Institute, January dinner meeting, presentation, and tour, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Holiday Valley Ski Resort, Route 219, Ellicottville. 1.5 PDU’s awarded. Information, visit www.pmibuffalo.org.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest Road, Amherst. Reservations, 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information, 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information, 553-8883.
• The Western New York Association of College Career Centers, Jobsapalooza, a networking and career fair event, open to students, alumni and community members, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Buffalo Niagara Marriott, 1340 Millersport Hwy., Amherst. Professional attire. Free parking.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Call, 854-3397. • Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information, www.workingfordowntown.org.
• Buffalo Section IEEE, Annual Board Meeting, 6:30 p.m., Eagle House Restaurant, 5578 Main St., Williamsville. Reservations, Judy, 689-6689.
Seminars and classes
• SCORE, the SBA and Buffalo and the North Tonawanda Public Library, “Starting and Managing Your Business,” 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., North Tonawanda Public Library, 505 Meadow Drive, North Tonawanda. Cost, $30; veterans, free with proper ID. Workbook, $15. Required reservations, www.BuffaloNiagara.Score.Org.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce Emerging Business Leaders’ young professionals group, business dining etiquette workshop, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Della Terra, Avant Building, 200 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost: $35, members; $45, nonmembers. Registration, www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
Events and open house
• Rising Sun Yoga, Open House, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Georgetown Plaza, 5225 Sheridan Drive (at Evans St.), Williamsville. Information, www.RisingSunYoga.com.
• The Northeast Kidney Foundation, post holiday party for the Western New York renal community, noon-3:30 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Free, dialysis patients and transplant patients; $20, others. Information and reservations, 512-7918.
• Western New York Venture Association, WNYVA, investment forum, 7:30-9 a.m.,Buffalo Club, 388 Delaware Ave. Information, call Jack McGowan, 636-3626. Registration, visit to http://wnyventure1162013.eventbrite.com.
• The University at Buffalo School of Management’s Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership, information session, 2013 Allstate Minority and Women Emerging Entrepreneurs program, 5-6 p.m., UB Downtown Gateway, 77 Goodell St., Room 208, Buffalo. Registration, firstname.lastname@example.org or 885-5715.