A fire Friday afternoon drove four residents from their home on Edgewood Drive, Niagara Town police reported.
The fire alarm was sounded at about noon, and town police and the Niagara Active Hose Fire Company responded.
When they arrived, they found the house at 6300 Edgewood to be fully engulfed by flames and heavy smoke, but the four resident managed to escape without injury.
Damage was estimated at $100,000.
Residents reported that earlier in the day they cleaned out a fireplace and placed some hot coals in a plastic bucket on the porch,
Volunteer fire departments from Upper Mountain, Lewiston and Frontier Hose also responded, along with Niagara County investigators.