The Business Calendar runs each Sunday in the Business ?section. Notices of meetings, seminars and workshops of interest to the Buffalo-area business community should be sent to the Business News Desk of The News, Box 100, Buffalo, NY 14240; faxed to 849-4587; or emailed to email@example.com by the preceding Thursday.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8:30 a.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Free, Chamber members and prospective members. Reservations, 632-6905.
• The Canisius College Women's Business Center, open networking event, 8:30-10 a.m., Canisius College Women's Business Center, 2365 Main St., Buffalo. Information, canisius.edu/wbc or (716) 888-8280.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo,?12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Program: City of Buffalo Schools, presented by Dr. Pamela Brown, superintendent. Call, 854-3397.
Seminars and classes
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Prosperity workshop, 8:30-10 a.m., Roberts Wesleyan College Buffalo Extension Campus, 6500 Sheridan Drive, Williamsville. Registration, 8:15 a.m. Topic: "Leadership Matrix." Cost: $5, Chamber members; $25, nonmembers. Registration, www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• The Erie County Industrial Development Agency, Policy Committee Meeting, 8:30 a.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 818-2526.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m., and 8:30 a.m., Wednesday and Thursday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Reservations, 632-6905.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo Sunrise, breakfast meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Saturn Club, Founders Room, 977 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost, $15. Information, 667-6613.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, "Imagine The Arts as Our Universal Language: In Pursuit of Happiness," noon-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• The Buffalo Niagara Partnership Buy Local Series, Sell Local by Utilizing Technology, 5:45-7 p.m., KeyBank–Stuyvesant Plaza Branch, 274 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo. Tickets, Free Partnership members; $25, nonmembers. Registration, www.thepartnership.org/events or 541-1770.
•Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations, 202-8423.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Recreation Center, Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755
• Working for Downtown, Brown Bag Lunch Series, noon-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square (second-floor meeting room). Speaker: Jack Quinn, president, Erie Community College. Required reservations or to order a $10 box lunch, firstname.lastname@example.org.• Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners, networking, and dinner meeting, 5:30 p.m., Windows on the Green at Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest, Williamsville. Dinner 6 p.m. Program: Powerful Women in Western New York: Mary Roberts, executive director of Frank Lloyd Wright's Martin House Complex in Buffalo. Cost: $30, member; $40, guest. Registration, www.nawbowny.org.