• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8:30 a.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Free, Chamber members and prospective members. Reservations, 632-6905.
• The Canisius College Women’s Business Center, open networking event, 8:30-10 a.m., Canisius College Women’s Business Center, 2365 Main St., Buffalo. The event is free and open to the public. Information, canisius.edu/wbc or 888-8280.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Program: City of Buffalo Schools, presented by Dr. Pamela Brown, superintendent. Call, 854-3397.
• The Erie County Industrial Development Agency, Policy Committee Meeting, 8:30 a.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136.
Seminars and classes
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, At-Home Business “U” program, 6-7:30 p.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Topic: Public Speaking. The event is open to all business professionals who would like to attend. Information or reservation, 632-6905 or www.amherst.org.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 818-2526.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo Sunrise, breakfast meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Saturn Club, Founders Room, 977 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost, $15. Information, 667-6613.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m., and 8:30 a.m., Wednesday and Thursday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Free, Chamber members and prospective members. Reservations, 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, Job Fair 2013, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Walden Galleria, Walden Ave., Cheektowaga.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, “Imagine The Arts as Our Universal Language: In Pursuit of Happiness,” noon-1 p.m., Ring of Knowledge, main floor near Fables Cafe, Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Info, www.buffaloah.com.
• The Buffalo Niagara Partnership Buy Local Series, Sell Local by Utilizing Technology, 5:45-7 p.m., KeyBank–Stuyvesent Plaza Branch, 274 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo. Tickets, Free, Partnership members; $25, nonmembers. Registration, www.thepartnership.org/events or 541-1770.
•Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations, 202-8423.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Recreation Center, Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• Working for Downtown, Brown Bag Lunch Series, noon-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Speaker: Jack Quinn, president, Erie Community College. Required reservations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners, networking, and dinner meeting, 5:30 p.m., Windows on the Green, Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest, Williamsville. Registration, www.nawbowny.org.