Mr. and Mrs. William J. Matthews of Derby celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with a gathering for family and friends in their home. Mr. Matthews and Margaret T. Smith were married Nov. 17, 1952, in Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church, South Buffalo. He is a retired truck driver; she is a retired secretary. They have four children, 11 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
William and Margaret Matthews
- 405 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 152 Letter: Women, not their employers, should pay for birth control
- 137 Letter: Hatred of Obama is richly deserved
- 90 Letter: SAFE Act is flawed, needs to be repealed
- 89 Making the case for Core, King rejects argument that education standards are too difficult