The Planning Board will hear from Ben Weitsman and Son of Buffalo about the company’s proposal to establish a scrap metal recycling facility at the corner of Military Road and Hertel Avenue, when it meets at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in Room 901 in City Hall.
The project has drawn concern from some neighbors, while other neighbors have supported it. At least one othre scrap metal dealer in the area are opposed to the development. Ben Weitsman and Son’s sister company, Upstate Shredding, runs a “mega-shredder” in Owego, and owns other locations in and around New York State.
Also this week:
• The Council’s Civil Service Committee will meet at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Finance Committee will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Buffalo Urban Development Corp. will meet at noon Tuesday in the Erie County Industrial Development Agency offices at 143 Genesee St.
• The Council’s Community Development Committee will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Legislation Committee will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• A meeting to collect community input on revisions to the Buffalo Public School District’s code of conduct will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday in P.S. 305 McKinley High School, 1500 Elmwood Ave., hosted by Citizen Action of Buffalo.
• The Zoning Board will meet at 2 p.m. Wednesday in Room 901 of City Hall.