The Common Council this week will receive two items of interest: an update on the operations at the Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino, and a measure from Council Member Christopher P. Scanlon urging the state Department of Transportation to fast-track tearing down the Skyway.
The items will be discussed in the Council’s pre-meeting caucus, at 2 p.m. Monday in Room 1417 in City Hall, where lawmakers will decide whether to send the measures to committee for further discussion or to the full Council for a vote.
Also this week:
• The Buffalo Urban Development Corp.’s Real Estate Committee will meet at noon Tuesday in the Erie County
Industrial Development Agency offices at 143 Genesee St. A meeting of the Buffalo Brownfield Restoration Corp. will immediately follow.
• The Council will meet in regular session at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Water Board will meet at 8 a.m. Wednesday in Room 502 of City Hall.
• The Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency will meet at 9:30 a.m. Thursday in Room 209 of City
• The Preservation Board will meet at 3 p.m. Thursday in Room 901 of City Hall.