Snowmobilers can get ready for the snow by registering their sleds at any of the Erie County Auto Bureaus.
“We hope that all snowmobilers will register their sleds locally,” Erie County Clerk Christopher L. Jacobs said. “By doing so it helps keep needed money in Erie County instead of going to Albany.”
Snowmobilers also can register by mail. Riders need to complete both sides of a New York State snowmobile registration form, photocopy the existing snowmobile registration, the registrant’s driver’s license, proof of membership in a New York State Snowmobile Association snowmobile club and mail to: Erie County Clerk, 92 Franklin Street-Suite 1, Buffalo, N.Y., 14202. A check for each sled should be made payable to “Erie County Clerk.”
The registration fee for members of a snowmobile club is $45. Non-members will pay the full registration fee of $100. Snowmobilers are encouraged to contact the Erie County Federation of Snowmobile Clubs by visiting www.wnysnowtrails.com for information on local clubs, to join online, and obtain the latest news on snowmobiling in and around Erie County. For information and complete instructions on how to register snowmobiles go to www.erie.gov/registrations.
Erie County Snowmobile trails are scheduled to open on Dec. 19, providing the ground is frozen and there is at least 6 inches of snow. Riders are encouraged to check with their local clubs to ensure trails have opened.
Also this week:
• A Christmas open house will take place today at the Boies-Lord House museum, 3853 South Park Ave.
• The Town Board will hold a work session at 6 p.m. Monday in Conference Room 1, followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the court room in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The village Historic Preservation Commission will meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• Hamburgh Holidays will feature story telling at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Hamburg Library, 102 Buffalo St.
• The School Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Middle School, 360 Division St.
• The village Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The village Architectural Review Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The village Traffic Safety Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• The sixth annual “Santa and Friends” gathering will take place at the Lake View Fire Hall from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday. Children can meet Santa and their favorite cartoon characters, such as Mickey, Minnie, Grinch, Alvin the Chipmunk, Sparky and Rudolph. Crafts and face painting will be done by Hamburg Y.E.S. The event is cosponsored by the Lake View Fire Association and the Lake View Community Association.