Donations are needed to underwrite the annual display of holiday wreaths, as well as to offset maintenance and utility costs of the star shining from atop the water tower.
Contributions can be made to the Holiday Committee, which is accepting donations to pay for the wreaths, lights and bows. A $40 donation will sponsor a single wreath, $75 will sponsor a double wreath, and $100 will help sponsor the star.
Donations in any amount are accepted. Checks can be made to the Orchard Park Holiday Fund and sent to the Chamber of Commerce, 4211 N. Buffalo St., Suite 14, Orchard Park, 14127.
The holiday display is coordinated by the Holiday Committee, which includes the town and village of Orchard Park and the Chamber of Commerce.
Also this week:
• The town Historic Preservation Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the municipal center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The Conservation Board will meet at 6:15 p.m. Tuesday in the municipal center.
• The village Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the municipal center.
• The Town Board will conduct a work session at 6 p.m. in the supervisor’s conference room followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the courtroom in the municipal center.
• The Friends of the Orchard Park Public Library quarterly booksale will take place from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday in the library, 4570 S. Buffalo St. for members of the organization. The sale opens to the public from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. Proceeds will benefit the library.