The Planning Board will get a glimpse of the Webster Block development at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in Room 901 in City Hall.
A preliminary presentation on the design of the multi-use development will be made to the board.
A formal public hearing on the design and site plan will be held at a later date.
HARBORCenter Development LLC, affiliated with the Buffalo Sabres, is proposing a development in the parking lot in front of First Niagara Center that will include two ice rinks, a hotel, parking deck and retail and restaurant space.
A groundbreaking is scheduled for March.
Sale of the city-owned parcel to HARBORCenter is still being worked out.
Also this week:
• The Council’s Civil Service Committee will meet at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Finance Committee will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Community Development Committee will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday in Council
• The Council’s Legislation Committee will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Buffalo Sewer Authority will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Room 1038 of City Hall.
• The Council’s Education Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers. The District Parent Coordinating Council will address the committee about funding for the school district.
• The Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority, the city’s control board, will meet at 1 p.m.
Wednesday in the first-floor conference room of the Market Arcade complex at 617 Main St.
Beforehand, the board’s Governance Committee will meet at 12:30 p.m. in the same location.