Sundance Kennels has offered to pick up much of the work being done by the town dog control officer, Supervisor Steven Walters said.
The town’s dog control officer is resigning to go to another job. The kennel already has a contract to house dogs for the town, and Walters said the town will review the offer.
It almost looked like a war zone around Town Hall last week.
The Erie County Water Authority was putting in a new water main along South Park Avenue in front of the building, and Erie County was replacing a sewer main on the side of Town Hall. Sewer work is expected to continue next spring as the county provides a gravity sewer to village residents.
Also this week:
• Village and Town public works crews will continue to collect leaves from curbs this week.
• An afternoon of carriage rides with Santa, pony rides, Christmas movies, arts and crafts and cookies and hot cocoa will start at 3 p.m. today at Hamburg Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave. The lighting of the town tree will take place at 5 p.m. Families are asked to donate non-perishable food.
• The town Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Room 7B in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The Village Board will conduct a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg Central School Board will conduct a budget work session at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Middle School, 360 Division St. The School Board also will conduct a board retreat at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Administration Building, 5305 Abbott Road.
• The town Planning Board will conduct a meeting at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Public hearings are scheduled at 7 p.m. on a request from Miller’s Collision & Auto, Inc., 3034 Abbott Road, for a special use permit for a public garage, and on a request for a two-lot subdivision at the end of Woodland Drive. The board also may adopt the final scoping document for the Willow Woods subdivision.
• The Blasdell Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The village Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• A seminar on “Utilizing Internships to Improve Our Workforce While Maximizing Your Business” will be presented at 8 a.m. Friday at Swan Hall Auditorium at Hilbert College, 5200 South Park Ave. Reservations are required, and can be made by calling the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce at 649-7917.
• Hamburgh Holidays is sponsoring Breakfast with Santa from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday at Post 527, American Legion, Memorial Drive. Tickets are available at Main Street Ice Cream, 35 Main St. or the Hamburg Youth Center, Prospect Avenue.
• An open house will take place from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Dec. 9 at the Boies-Lord House Museum, 3853 South Park Ave.
• Christmas in the Cabin, an open house with Santa, will take place from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the town’s log cabin, 6765 Taylor Road. There will be refreshments, tree lighting, caroling, crafts and live reindeer. Participants also are urged to bring a non-perishable food donation.