ADVERTISEMENT

Fire caused $75,000 to a Forest Avenue home tonight and routed an adult and child from the residence, Buffalo fire officials said.

The American Red Cross was assisting an adult and a child who lived in an apartment above CWJ Lock & Key Shop at 183 Forest Ave., fire officials said.

The cause of the 7 p.m. fire – which wreaked $45,000 in damage to the building and $30,000 in damage to contents of the business and the apartment – remains under investigation.

No injuries were reported.