A Holiday Tree Lighting, presented by the Youth Bureau and the Recreation Department, is set for 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. tonight at the Town Park Clubhouse, 10405 Main St.
From 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., children can write a letter to Santa, visit his toy shop and deliver the letters at the “post office.” Cookies and hot chocolate will be served starting at 6 p.m., a “special guest” will visit at 6:15 p.m. The lighting will be at 6:45 p.m. The cost is $1 per child.
Also this week:
• A Planning Board executive meeting will be 9 a.m. Monday at Town Hall.
• The Clarence Industrial Development Agency will host a Small Business Seminar at 6 p.m. Monday at the Town Hall auditorium. The seminar will cover topics such as grant money available through the state; low-cost health insurance; training programs available through Erie Community College; and an overview of town and Clarence IDA programs. Call 741-8935 for details.
• The Youth Board will meet at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday at 10510 Main St.
• The Erie County Clerk’s Office will host a “Passports on the Move” outreach 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Eastern Hills Mall, just outside the customer service booth between Macy’s and Bon-Ton. Applications will be accepted until 6:45 p.m. Appointments are required and can be made by contacting the clerk’s office at 858-8865. Passport applications, a list of all required documents and a schedule of fees is available by visiting www.erie.gov/clerk and clicking the Passport icon.
• The Town Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Town Hall, following a 6 p.m. work session. On the agenda is an “overlay” zone, as recommended by the Planning Board, for new multifamily housing projects in the town. The proposed overlay zone would limit multifamily residential uses to Commercial, Restricted Business And Traditional Neighborhood District zones with a zoning overlay district. A public hearing would have to be scheduled to consider adopting the proposed overlay zone.
• Brush pickup in town is scheduled to end for the year on Friday.
• The Harris Hill Volunteer Fire Co., 8630 Main St., is preparing to host a babysitter education course 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 8. The course, which includes a free lunch, is limited to the first 100 registered 12 to 16 year olds. RSVP by Saturday at email@example.com. Donations from the Clarence Area Volunteer Firefighters’ golf tournament allow Harris Hill VFC to provide the service free to participants. The course will cover fire safety, fire extinguisher training and carbon monoxide. The American Heart Association Family and Friends CPR, automated external defibrillator and first aid training will also be taught. State Police will also make a presentation.