• The University at Buffalo School of Management, The Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership Global Entrepreneurship Week, Speed Networking, noon-2 p.m., UB’s North Campus, Student Union, Amherst. Events continue through Nov. 18. Information, 885-5715 or mgt.buffalo.edu/cel.
• The Buffalo Niagara Travel Professionals, monthly networking and dinner meeting, 5:15 p.m., The Roycroft Inn, 40 S. Grove St., East Aurora. Dinner, 6:30 p.m. Cost: $25, members; $30, guests and late fee. Reservations, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Buffalo Section of ASME, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, The Current State of Biofuels, 5:30 p.m., Middough Engineering, 2420 Sweet Home Road, Suite 110, Amherst, Cost: $15, members; $10, students. Required registration, //sections.asme.org/buffalo/.
• Buffalo Chapter of Project Management Institute, monthly dinner meeting, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Classics V Restaurant, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Earn 1.5 PDUs. Information, visit www.pmibuffalo.org.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 818-2526.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo Sunrise, breakfast meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Saturn Club, Founders Room, 977 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost, $15. Information, 667-6613.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m., today and 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Reservations, 632-6905.
• Muller Quaker Dairy, company event, noon-8 p.m., Genesee Community College, 1 College Road, Batavia. MQD representatives will be on site with information about the products, business and background of the joint venture between PepsiCo and the Theo Muller Group. Information: www.mullerquaker.com,
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, “Imagine Buffalo Niagara as a Bi-National Cultural Center: Why Local History Matters!” 12:10-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• World Trade Center Buffalo Niagara’s, 2012 Annual Meeting and Reception, “Score With Trade!” 4:30-8:30 p.m., The Buffalo History Museum, 25 Nottingham Court, Buffalo. Registration, www.cvent.com/events/.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, monthly networking event, Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., University Pediatric Dentistry, 1800 Maple Road, Williamsville. Information or reservation 632-6905.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Buy Local Series: Sell Local by Leveraging Marketing, 5:30-7 p.m., KeyBank–Eastern Hills Transit Branch, 4455 Transit Road, Williamsville. Tickets: Free, members; $25, nonmembers. Registration, www.thepartnership.org/events or 541-1770.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations, 202-8423.
• Western New York Venture Association, WNYVA, investment forum, 7:30-9 a.m., Buffalo Club, 388 Delaware Ave. Information, call Jack McGowan, 636-3626. Registration, visit wnyventure11142012.eventbrite.com.
• The Association for Operations Management, APICS-Buffalo and The Buffalo Association of Purchasing Management (NAPM), joint professional development meeting, 5 p.m., Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Dinner, 6 p.m. Topic: “The Gold Medal: Transforming Supply Management into a World-Class Driver of Corporate Performance.” Cost: $25, members and guests; $15, full-time student. Information and registration, www.apics-buffalo.com or 648-0972.
• The Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the Product Development and Management Association, New Product Development and Innovation Insights, 6-8:30 p.m., 414 Bonner Hall, University at Buffalo, North Campus, Amherst. Information, visit: www.pdma.org/p/cm/ld/fid=55.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Sean Patrick’s Restaurant and Banquet Facility, 3480 Millersport Highway, Getzville. Call 433-2402.
• Buffalo Business Networking, 7:30-9 a.m., USitek Group, 1720 Military Road, Suite 200, Buffalo. Registration, buffalo-tipclub-nov2012.eventbrite.com/
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Mimis Central Perk Cafe, 24 Central Ave., Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking South meeting, 8:15-9:30 a.m., Colonial Wine and Spirits, 3211 Southwestern Blvd., Orchard Park. Topic: “Long-Term Care and Medicare 101” and “The Perfect Holiday Gift.” Reservations, email@example.com
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.
• League of Women Voters and the Sierra Club-Niagara Group, free public forum, FITs (Feed-in Tariffs), 4:30-6:15 p.m., Burchfield Penney Art Center, Buffalo State College Campus, 1300 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo. Free parking in the adjacent Burchfield Penney lot, and in the Psych Center lot next door, accessible from Elmwood. Information, firstname.lastname@example.org; or email@example.com.
• The Buffalo Niagara National Association of Women Business Owners, 5:30 p.m., Windows on the Green, Westwood Country Club, 772 North Forest, Williamsville. Cost: $30, members; $40, guests. Reservations, www.nawbowny.org; 238-2461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, community forum focusing on healthcare reform’s impact on individuals and businesses, 6 p.m., Performing Arts Center, Niagara Falls High School, 4455 Porter Road, Niagara Falls. Topic: “Healthcare Reform: What Does It Mean for You?” Free and open to the public. A question and answer period will be included in the program. Information, 278-4569.
Seminars and classes
• The Canisius College Women’s Business Center, social media learning labs, 9 a.m.-noon, Canisius College, Regis Room South, 2001 Main St. Topic: Blogs and Blog Promotion. Cost: $50. Call 888-8280 or socialmediabizsummit.com.
• The Williamsville Business Association’s November seminar and networking event, 5:15 p.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Program: “Past, Present and Planned Projects along Main Street Williamsville.”
• Greater Buffalo Building Owners and Managers Association, Annual Business Meeting and Special Presentation by County Executive Mark Poloncarz, noon, Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Registration, 11:30 a.m.-noon. Cost: $25, member companies and guests; $30 nonmembers. Required preregistration information, 856-5700.
• The Western New York Paralegal Association, general membership meeting, noon, Law offices of Phillips Lytle, 3400 HSBC Center, Buffalo. Reservations, email@example.com; information, www.wnyparalegals.org.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 648-3230.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest Road, Amherst. Reservations, 998-6021.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information, 868-6018.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• Southtowns Business Network, breakfast networking meeting, 8 a.m., Alton’s Restaurant, 2221 Transit Road, Elma. Information, 681-5311 or www.southtownsbiznet.org.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information, www.workingfordowntown.org.
Seminars and classes
• The University at Buffalo TCIE, seminar for business professionals interested in learning the fundamentals of intellectual property, 8-10 a.m., Ramada Hotel and Conference Center, 2402 North Forest Road, Amherst. Topic: “Intellectual Property Breakfast Seminar: What Every Business and Technical Leader Needs to Know.” Information or registration, 645-8840 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The NYS Center of Excellence at the University at Buffalo, Life Sciences Commercialization Lecture Series, 4-5 p.m., NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences at UB, 701 Ellicott St., Buffalo. Topic: Subsidize New Employee Costs: New Workforce Development Efforts in the Life Sciences. Registration, 2012novemberlectureseries.eventbrite.com/
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. 408-2525.
• Biz LINKT, a networking group affiliated with the Ken-Ton Chamber of Commerce, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Ken-Ton Chamber Conference Room, 3411 Delaware Ave., Kenmore. Information, 838-6141 or email@example.com.
Seminars and classes
• Career Partners International and Consumer Credit Counseling of West Seneca, Coping With Unemployment, a free public forum, 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Wesleyan Church of Hamburg, 4999 McKinley Pkwy., Hamburg. 649-6335.
• Niagara Frontier Section ISA lunch and tour of Certo Brothers Distributing, noon-1:30 p.m., 2500 North America Dr., West Seneca. Safety Glasses required; no high heeled footwear. Limited to the first 20 reservations. Cost: $20, ISA member, student and veteran; $30, nonmember. Reservations, firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-2982.
• The Erie County Industrial Development Agency Meeting of the Members, 9 a.m., ECIDA Offices, 143 Genesee St. followed by the Buffalo and Erie County Regional Development Corp. Board of Directors meeting, followed by the Buffalo and Erie County Industrial Land Development Corp. meeting of the directors. Call 856-6525, Ext. 136.