• Clarence Chamber of Commerce, Business Round Table, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Clarence Town Library, Three Town Place, Clarence. Reservations, 631-3888.
Seminars and classes
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, open enrollment information seminar, 4:30-6 p.m., today and Wednesday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce offices, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Registration, 632-6905; information, 250-4206.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, At-Home Business “U” program, “Customer Service and Client Relationship Management,” 6-7:30 p.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Cost, $129, includes a ticket to the SBA Luncheon May 2013. Information or reservation, 632-6905.
• Upstate Venture Association of NY and Upstate NY Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association Holiday Networking Event, 5-8:30 p.m., Embassy Suites Buffalo, 200 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Registration information, Margie Ticknor, 518-320-2746.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 818-2526.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo Sunrise, breakfast meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Saturn Club, Founders Room, 977 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost, $15. Information, 667-6613.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, “Imagine The Arts as Our Universal Language: In Pursuit of Happiness & Why The Arts Matter” noon-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, open enrollment meeting, 2-4 p.m. or 6-8 p.m., Magruders Restaurant, 4995 Broadway, Depew. Univera representatives and chamber broker, Capital Management Group available. Reservations, 681-9755.
• The Buffalo Niagara Travel Professionals, 2012 Holiday Affair, 5:15 p.m. Statler City, Georgian Room, 107 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost: $35, members; $40, guests/late fee. Reservations, Make check payable to “BNTP” to Justin Zarnoch, Hampton Inn East Aurora, 49 Olean St., East Aurora, NY 14052. Late reservations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Working For Downtown Pre-Holiday Social, 5-7 p.m., Just Vino, 846 Main St., Buffalo. Registration, www.workingfordowntown.org.
• Orchard Park Chamber of Commerce, Business After Hours Mixer, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Savilles Country Florist, 4020 N. Buffalo Road. Required reservations, 662-3366.
• The Hamburg Chamber of Commerce Annual Holiday Bash. 5:30-9:30 p.m., Event Center at the Fairgrounds, 5820 South Park Ave., Hamburg. Admission, $30 person. Reservations, 649-7917; information, www.hamburg-chamber.org.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations, 202-8423.
• The Independent Association of Accountants of New York, technical dinner meeting, 6 p.m., Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Reservations and information, 674-0636.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Sean Patrick’s Restaurant and Banquet Facility, 3480 Millersport Highway, Getzville. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Partnership 101, 8-10 a.m., Buffalo Niagara Partnership, 665 Main St., Suite 200, Buffalo. Registration, 541-1770.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8:30 a.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Free, Chamber members and prospective members. Reservations, 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.
• The Buffalo Chapter of the American Society for Quality Spouse/Guest night, Buffalo Gardens-The Journey, 5:30 p.m., Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Dinner, 6:15 p.m. Cost $25, members and guests; $30, nonmembers/guest/walk-ins; $15, students/unemployed member. Reservations, www.asqbuffalo.org.
• The Buffalo Chapter of the American Society of Women Accountants, Holiday meeting and Basket Raffle., 6 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Reservations, 998-2659.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 648-3230.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest Road, Amherst. Reservations, 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information, 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• Southtowns Business Network, 8 a.m., Alton’s Restaurant, 2221 Transit Road, Elma. Information, 681-5311.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Call, 854-3397.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information, www.workingfordowntown.org.
Seminars and classes
• Buffalo Chapter of Project Management Institute, 8 a.m.–noon and 12:30–4:30 p.m., Classics V Restaurant, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Morning Program-Basic Toolbelt Skills: “Building a Quality Schedule in MS Project.” Afternoon Program-Advanced Toolbelt Skills: “Conflict Management for Project Managers.” Earn 4 PDUs each class. Information, www.pmibuffalo.org.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Tools for Prosperity workshop, 8:30-10 a.m., Roberts Wesleyan College Buffalo Extension Campus, 6500 Sheridan Drive, Williamsville. Registration, 8:15 a.m. Cost, $5, members; $25, nonmembers. Registration, 632-6905.
• DIGITS LLC and EscapeWire Solutions, Lunch and Learn event, noon-2 p.m., DoubleTree Inn, 10 Flint Road, Amherst. Topic: “Data Security to Prevent Data Breach.” Information and registration, www.digitsllc.com/data-security-to-prevent-data-breach-event.
• Siemens and Applied Sciences Group’s Engineers, free, Challenges of Packaging Machinery event, noon-2:30 p.m., Applied Sciences Group Inc., (Calspan Building) Building 6 Auditorium, 4455 Genesee St., Buffalo. Required preregistration, 626-5100, Ext. 205.
• NYS Center of Excellence at the University at Buffalo Life Sciences Commercialization Lecture Series, 4-5 p.m., NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences at UB, 701 Ellicott St., Buffalo. Topic: The Tapecon Story: How a 90+ Year Old Family-owned Manufacturer Evolved to Stay Relevant and Successful in Medical Markets.Registration, 2012decemberlectureseries.eventbrite.com.
• Independent Insurance Agents Association of Western New York, Holiday Party, noon, The Mansion on Delaware, 414 Delaware Ave, Buffalo. Lunch, 1 p.m. Cost, $60 person. Reservations, www.wnyagent.com.
• Buffalo Section Microwave Theory & Techniques and Antennas & Propagation Societies, joint dinner meeting with the Buffalo Section IEEE and the Computer, Control Systems, Communications, Engineering Management, Power Energy, Gold, Industrial Applications Societies, 6 p.m., Holiday Inn Amherst, 1881 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Cost: $20, IEEE members; $10, life and student members; $24, nonmembers. Reservations, 689-6689.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
Seminars and classes
• The Hamburg Chamber of Commerce and Hilbert College “Better Your Business” seminars 8 a.m., Swan Hall Auditorium, Hilbert College campus, 5200 South Park Avenue, Hamburg. Check-in, 7:30 a.m. Cost: $10, Chamber members; $15, nonmembers. Information or required registration, 649-7917.