THIS WEEK’S LIST
Say happy 50th to James Bond, movie star – don’t we all wish we aged as well. Since 007 first appeared on screen in the 1962 thriller “Dr. No,” a good number of Bonds have come and gone. We all have our favorite Bond, here are mine.
1. Sean Connery (1962-67, 1971, 1983): He was the first Bond on the silver screen and remains the best. Enough said.
2. Daniel Craig (2006-present): He has an unnerving gravitas and a killer stare. Those Speedos weren’t so bad, either.
3. Timothy Dalton (1987-89): Sorry, but some of us think the classically trained Dalton can do no wrong. Thoroughly misunderstood as Bond.
4. Pierce Brosnan (1995-2002): Suave and debonair, he wore the tux well.
5. Roger Moore (1973-85): The Bond films of this period were outlandish, but Moore was in on the joke.
– Toni Ruberto
Eat Like a Monster
Do what the title of this event says: $10 gets you Suzy Q’s pulled pork, Spar’s sausage, more meaty dishes and even cupcakes for dessert at 6 p.m. Nov. 17 in Flying Bison Brewing Co. (491 Ontario St. 6 p.m.). Beer is extra.