• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 818-2526.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo Sunrise, breakfast meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Saturn Club, Founders Room, 977 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost, $15. Information, 667=6613.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corp., annual meeting, noon, BUDC/ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Call 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations, 202-8423.
Seminars and classes
• The Independent Association of Accountants of New York, two-day 1040 Tax Seminar, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., today and Wednesday, Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Registration, 7:30 a.m. Reservations and information, 674-0636.
• The Buffalo Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals, dinner and networking meeting, 5:15 p.m., Avezzano’s Banquets, 204 Como Park Blvd., Cheektowaga. Dinner, 6 p.m. Information and reservations, call 874-1006, 923-4811 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Independent Association of Accountants of New York, technical dinner meeting, 6 p.m., Salvatore’s, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Program: Federal and New York State Tax Updates.” Reservations and information, call 674-0636.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Sean Patrick’s Restaurant and Banquet Facility, 3480 Millersport Highway, Getzville. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Mimis Central Perk Cafe, 24 Central Ave., Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8:30 a.m., today and Thursday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Free to Chamber members and prospective members. Reservations, 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.
• Working for Downtown, Brown Bag Lunch Series, noon-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square (second-floor meeting room). Speaker: Mark Mortenson, president and CEO, Buffalo Museum of Science. Required reservations or to order a $10 box lunch, email@example.com.
• Daemen College Nancy Haberman Gacioch Entrepreneurship Lecture Series, 5 p.m., Alumni Lounge, Wick Center, Daemen campus, 4380 Main St., Amherst. Free and open to the public. Program: Blue Sky Design Supply founder Tyra Johnson will speak on building a business through sustainability, using eco-friendly management practices, diversity, and inclusion programs.
• The Orchard Park Chamber of Commerce, health insurance open enrollment informational meeting, 6 p.m., Orchard Park High School Commons, 4040 Baker Road, Orchard Park. Required reservations, 662-3366.
• Niagara County Community College Small Business Development Center, “How To Make Your Business More Successful,” a panel discussion for local businesses on how to successfully grow their businesses while avoiding common pitfalls, 6:30 p.m., Holiday Inn on Transit, 515 South Transit, Lockport. Required preregistration, //probusiness.eventbrite.com or 433-1984.
Seminars and classes
• The Erie County Department of Environment and Planning, Renew Erie County Business Energy lunch and learn workshop, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Curly’s Grill and Banquet Center, 647 Ridge Road, Lackawanna. Preregistration, www.RenewerieCounty.org or 866-495-2959.
• Niagara Frontier American Society for Training and Development, “Great Gizmos for Presentations, Training and Meetings,” 7:30-9:30 a.m., Canisius Center for Professional Development, 300 Corporate Pkwy, Suite 130, Amherst. Cost: $20, members; $30, nonmembers. Registration, //astdniagara.org.
• The Buffalo Chapter of the International Institute of Business Analysis, monthly dinner meeting, 5:30-7:30 p.m., M&T Bank, M&T Center, Training Room B, 1 Fountain Plaza, Buffalo. Enter on Chippewa Street at Washington. Registration, //iibabuffalo.onefireplace.com/
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 648-3230.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest Road, Amherst. Reservations, 998-6021.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Call 868-6018.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Facilities Management Expo, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Hearthstone Manor, 333 Dick Road, Depew. Free seminars offered throughout the day. More than 80 companies offering the latest products and services for the maintenance and management of commercial, industrial, institutional, municipal and income properties. Information and preregistration, www.fmexpo.net or 648-0972.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership ATHENA Awards Luncheon, noon to 1:30 p.m., Hyatt Regency Buffalo, 2 Fountain Plaza, Buffalo, Registration and networking, 11:30 a.m. Tickets: $60, individual tickets. Registration, www.thepartnership.org/events or 541-1770.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, “Imagine a Healthy and Wealthy Buffalo Niagara Region: Celebrating the ‘Year of the City’ presented by Dr. Pamela Brown, Buffalo Public Schools superintendent, 12:15-1 p.m., Burchfield-Penney Art Center, 1300 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo. Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• The Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 a.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Program: The Buffalo Bills. Information, 854-3397.
• The Erie County Industrial Development Agency, Compensation Committee Meeting, 2:30 p.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information, www.workingfordowntown.org.
Seminars and classes
• Mount Calvary Cemetery and the Catholic Diocese Cemeteries, You Can’t Take it With You: Financial Planning for Today, Tomorrow and Beyond workshop, 6:30-8 p.m., Pine Lawn Cemetery Chapel, 2951 Harlem Road, Cheektowaga. Reservations, 892-6600.
• The Niagara Frontier Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers, monthly luncheon meeting, 11:30 a.m., JW Danforth Company, 200 Colvin Woods Pkwy., Tonawanda. Cost, $15, all attendees. Topic: Distracted Driving, presented by the New York State Police. Required reservations, www.nfasse.org.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 408-2525.
• Lancaster Chamber of Commerce, An Evening in the Greens, a showcase of restaurants and wine/brew tasting, 6-9 p.m., Fox Valley Country Club, 6161 Genesee St., Lancaster. Tickets: $40, member, presale; $50, future member, at the door. Call LACC, 681-9755.
•The Western New York Chapter of the National Black MBA Association, general meeting announcement, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Frank Merriweather Library, 1324 Jefferson Ave., Buffalo. Reservations, email@example.com.