1. East Aurora cross country. Both teams dominant, as expected, in winning ECICs, where coach Walt McLaughlin was named coach of the year.
2. Canisius football. Another week, another underlining of its No. 1 ranking, this time with big rivalry win over St. Joe’s. This week, they rest (quarterfinal bye).
3. Clarence girls swimming. Should shine at Friday’s Section VI championships at ECC City’s Flickinger Center.
4. St. Mary’s girls volleyball. Recorded 23rd regular season Monsignor Martin Association championship last week.
5. Alden football. One win away from third straight Section VI Class B championship.
6. No. 2-in-the-state boys soccer teams. No. 1 WNY large school Clarence (AA), No. 2 large school Williamsville East (A) and No. 1 small school East Aurora (B) hold their positions.
7. Sweet Home football. Win streak against WNY opponents is 59 as Panthers seek sixth straight sectional crown.
8. Springville football. Perhaps the best Cinderella story to ever reach The Ralph.
9. Maple Grove cross country. CCAA champions are No. 1 in the state in the girls Class D poll and No. 4 in the boys.
10. Iroquois field hockey. Season-long No. 1 team is 15-0-2 and in the B semifinals.
Honor roll: Orchard Park boys volleyball, Canisius volleyball, Clarence cross country, Lockport boys soccer, Williamsville girls soccer (East, North & South), Nardin swimming, Clarence boys gymnastics.