• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 818-2526.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo Sunrise, breakfast meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Saturn Club, Founders Room, 977 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost, $15. Information, 667=6613.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corp., annual meeting, noon, BUDC/ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Call 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, “Imagine The Arts as Our Universal Language: Why The Arts Matter!” noon-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Results Roadshow, tour and presentation of the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus’ newest projects, 2-6 p.m., The Innovation Center, Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus, 640 Ellicott St., Buffalo. Parking across the street; credit card payment only. Tickets: $30, members; $60, nonmembers. Registration, www.thepartnership.org/events or 541-1770.
• The Advertising Club of Buffalo, AdLab, panel discussion, 5:15 p.m., hors d’oeuvres and cash bar; 6 p.m., program, Templeton Landing, Two Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Topic: It’s time to get digital – keep up, or fall behind. Cost: $5, student members; $10, members; $25, nonmembers, online reservations. Add $5 when paying at the door. Information and reservations, www.advertisingclubofbuffalo.com.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations, 202-8423.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Sean Patrick’s Restaurant and Banquet Facility, 3480 Millersport Highway, Getzville. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Mimis Central Perk Cafe, 24 Central Ave., Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.
• The Construction Exchange, membership meeting, 11:30 a.m., Pierce Arrow-Buffalo Transportation Museum, 263 Michigan Ave., Buffalo. Program: John Koelmel, president and CEO of First Niagara Bank, will speak about the state of the Western New York economy. Information, 874-3435.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 648-3230.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest Road, Amherst. Reservations, 998-6021.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information, 868-6018.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• Southtowns Business Network, breakfast networking meeting, 8 a.m., Alton’s Restaurant, 2221 Transit Road, Elma. Information, 681-5311 or www.southtownsbiznet.org.
• Network in Aging of Western New York annual meeting, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Samuel’s Grande Manor, 8750 Main St., Williamsville. Topic: “Humor for the Soul: Thriving in Your Work with Older Adults.” Cost: $55, members; $75, nonmembers and $30, fulltime students. Required registration, 829-3712 or www.networkinaging.com. • The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• The Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 a.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Program: The Election, presented by Robert McCarthy, Buffalo News political reporter. Information, 854-3397.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information, www.workingfordowntown.org.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce Emerging Business Leaders’ young professionals group, ProMix, professional mixer, 5:30-7:30 p.m., TriMain Center, 2495 Main Street, Buffalo. Cost: Free, members; $15, nonmembers. Information or registration, www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• The Buffalo Section of IEEE, tour and meeting, 6 p.m., WIVB-TV AND WNLO-TV Studio, 2077 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo, followed by dinner, JinLan Chinese Restaurant, 2791 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost: $15, members and guests; $10, senior members and students. Required reservations, 689-6689.
Seminars and classes
• Character Council of Western New York Dignity for All seminar, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Michael’s Banquet Facility, 4885 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg. Check-in, 7:30 a.m. Program: Dr. Michele Borba, international speaker on bullying and parenting, on preparing for the Dignity for All Students Act. Registration, 430-5760 or www.charactercouncilwny.org.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Tools for Prosperity workshop, 8:30-10 a.m., Roberts Wesleyan College Buffalo Extension Campus, 6500 Sheridan Drive, Williamsville. Registration, 8:15 a.m. Topic: “Digital Reality with the Mac Groups, Inc.” Cost, $5, members; $25, nonmembers. Registration, www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• Tompkins Insurance Agencies, free “Health Care Reform: Effects on Your Business” seminar, 8:30 a.m., The Clarion, 8250 Park Road, Batavia. Registration and continental breakfast, 8 a.m. Required reservations, firstname.lastname@example.org or (585)-344-2713, Ext. 48220.
•BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 408-2525.
Seminars and classes
• Character Council of Western New York, Committed to Character training series, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Michael’s Banquet Facility, 4885 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg. Check-in, 8:30 a.m. Topics: Character-Centered Leadership and Combating Negativity, Promoting Teamwork and Managing Conflict. Information and registration, 646-5569 or www.charactercouncilwny.org.
• TVGA Consultants (TVGA), in conjunction with KCI Technologies, 5th Annual Municipal Dollars and Sense Workshop, 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Hearthstone Manor, 333 Dick Road, Depew. Cost, $60, person, includes breakfast, lunch, breaks, a binder or CD containing all presentations, and a certificate of completion. Registration, www.tvga.com/municipalworkshop.
Seminars and classes
• The Independent Association of Accountants of New York, two-day 1040 Tax Seminar, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., today and Wednesday, Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Registration, 7:30 a.m. Reservations and information, 674-0636.
• The Buffalo Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals, dinner and networking meeting, 5:15 p.m., Avezzano’s Banquets, 204 Como Park Blvd., Cheektowaga. Dinner, 6 p.m. Reservations, call 874-1006, 923-4811 or email@example.com.
• The Independent Association of Accountants of New York, technical dinner meeting, 6 p.m., Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Program: Federal and New York State Tax Updates. Reservations, 674-0636.
• The Orchard Park Chamber of Commerce, health insurance open enrollment informational meeting, 6 p.m., Orchard Park High School Commons, 4040 Baker Road, Orchard Park. Required reservations, 662-3366.
Seminars and classes
• The Erie County Department of Environment and Planning, free, Renew Erie County Business Energy lunch and learn workshop, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Curly’s Grill and Banquet Center, 647 Ridge Road, Lackawanna. Program: Commissioner Maria Whyte will deliver opening remarks; presenters at the workshop will discuss how businesses and not-for-profit organizations can take advantage of programs and funding opportunities available to help reduce energy use and associated energy costs. Preregistration, www.RenewerieCounty.org or 866-495-2959.