1. East Aurora cross country. Blue Devils head into their prime time the next four weekends (ECICs at Alden Saturday, then sectionals, states, Federation meet). The girls are ranked 47th in the country by xcnation.com.
2. Canisius football. Underlined its No. 1 large school ranking with win at Timon as it heads into The Game at St. Joe’s Saturday.
3. Clarence girls swimming. Red Devils own WNY’s fastest times in seven of 11 events. Host ECIC meet Friday.
4. St. Mary’s girls volleyball. Beat No. 2 small school Eden and No. 1 large school Williamsville North in back-to-back days.
5. Alden football. Here we go again: For the fourth time in two seasons, No. 1 small school takes on No. 2 Depew Friday.
6. No. 2-in-the-state boys soccer teams. No. 1 WNY large school Clarence (AA) and No. 1 small school East Aurora (B) were already ranked, this week they’re joined by Williamsville East (A).
7. Canisius boys volleyball. Crusaders earned revenge on St. Joe’s before winning Hamburg tournament.
8. Eden girls volleyball. Doesn’t get more dominant than this: Raiders won their 21st straight divisional title.
9. Hutch-Tech and City Honors cross country. Both were 1-2 at All-High Championships, with Tech winning the boys team title and Honors winning on the girls side.
10. Starpoint cross country. Impressive performances at Clarence Fall Classic by No. 1 large school boys and No. 3 large school girls.
Honor roll: Iroquois field hockey, Orchard Park boys volleyball, Depew football, Sweet Home football, Clarence cross country, Wilson girls soccer, Williamsville girls soccer (East, North & South combined 37-7-4), Orchard Park girls tennis, Lockport boys soccer, Springville football.