• Buffalo Niagara Sales & Marketing Executives, Z80 Labs: Transforming WNY into the Silicon Snowbelt, 5:15 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Dinner, 6:15 p.m. Cost: $40, nonmembers; free, members, includes dinner and presentation. Registration, 662-2279 or www.bnsme.org.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corp., Real Estate Committee Meeting, noon, BUDC/ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo, followed by the Buffalo Brownfield Restoration Corp. meeting. Call 362-8367 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 818-2526.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo Sunrise, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Saturn Club, 977 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost, $15, breakfast. Call, 667-6613.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m., today; 8:30 a.m., Wednesday and Thursday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Free to Chamber members and prospective members. Reservations, 632-6905.
• Niagara Business Network, 8-9:15 a.m., Dick & Jenny's, 1270 Baseline Road, Grand Island. Call 863-0260 or visit www.niagara-business-network.com.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, “Imagine The War of 1812: Appreciating Peace on the Niagara Frontier-Part II: World Turned Upside-Down” 12:10-1 p.m., Ring of Knowledge, main floor near Fables Cafe, Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations, 202-8423.
Seminars and classes
• SCORE, the SBA and Buffalo and Erie County Library, “Starting and Managing Your Business,” a prebusiness and startup planning workshop, designed for those in business or interested in learning how to start a business, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Buffalo Central Library, Lafayette Square, Buffalo. Cost, $30; veterans, free with proper ID. Workbook, $15. Required reservations, visit www.BuffaloNiagara.Score.Org.
• Buffalo Niagara Event Professionals, 25th Anniversary Celebration and Outstanding Event Award, 5:30 p.m., 710 Main St., Buffalo. Information, www.bneventpros.com.
• Niagara Frontier American Society for Training and Development and Buffalo Niagara Human Resources Association, joint networking event for members and colleagues, 5:30-8 p.m., Buffalo Museum of Science, 1020 Humboldt Parkway. Proceeds to benefit St. Mary's School for the Deaf. Cost, $10. Registration, www.bnhra.org.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Sean Patrick's Restaurant and Banquet Facility, 3480 Millersport Highway, Getzville. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Mimis Central Perk Cafe, 24 Central Ave., Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.
• Women's Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking, City Meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Canisius College, Women's Business Center Demerly Hall, 2365 Main St. Topic: “Your Answer To Corporate Gift Giving.” Reservations, email@example.com.
Seminars and classes
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce At-Home Business “U,” a six-course certification program, 6-7:30 p.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Topic: Customer Service and Client Relationship Management. Cost: $129, six courses; $30 individual courses. Information or registration, 632-6905 or www.amherst.org.
• The Buffalo Chapter of Project Management Institute, Breakfast Roundtable-North, 7:15-8:45 a.m., Bob Evans Restaurant, 6635 Transit Road, Williamsville. Topic: Exploration of PDD Topics–Increasing Resource Capacity. Information, 866-2842, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Niagara Frontier Chapter of the Construction Financial Management Association, breakfast meeting, 7:30-9 a.m, Holiday Inn-Amherst, 1881 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Program: “Sales Tax for Contractors,” presented by Scott Sliker. Earn 1 CPE credit. Cost: $25, members; $32, nonmembers. Reservations, 854-3400, or email@example.com.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 648-3230.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest Road, Amherst. Reservations, 998-6021.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information, 868-6018.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce Emerging Business Leaders Food for Thought, noon-1:30 p.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Guest: Anthony Conte, Shea's Performing Arts Center president. Cost, $20, Chamber members; $50, nonmembers. Reservations, 632-6905.
• The Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 a.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Information, 854-3397.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Cloud Computing for Disaster Recovery, 4-7 p.m., Darwin Martin House, 125 Jewett Parkway, Buffalo. Free, includes on-site tour. Registration, 541-1770.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information, www.workingfordowntown.org.
• The Binational Alliance, Global Gateway Export Financing Series, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Jackson Triggs Niagara Estate Winery, 2145 Niagara Stone Road, Niagara-on-theLake, Ont. Topic: Medical Technology and Equipment. Reservations, 856-6525, Ext. 157 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminars and classes
• NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences at UB, Life Sciences Commercialization Lecture Series, Z80 Labs: Accelerating Start-up Development in our Region, 4-5 p.m., NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences at UB, 701 Ellicott St., Buffalo. Registration online at 2012octoberlectureseries.eventbrite.com.
• The Midrange Users Group of Western New York, monthly dinner seminar, 6 p.m., Italian Village, Amherst. Topic: “Inuendo – Out of the Garage.” Cost, $20, member; $30, nonmember.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo's Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 408-2525.
Seminars and classes
• Eastman Kodak Co. retirees who are 65 and older and facing the possible loss of company-provided health insurance, free Medicare coverage options seminar, 2 p.m., Tillman's Historic Village Inn, 14369 Ridge Road, Albion. Registration, UniveraMedicare.com or (888) 834-1408.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corp., annual meeting, noon, BUDC/ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Call 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Results Roadshow, tour and presentation of the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus' newest projects, 2-6 p.m., The Innovation Center, Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus, 640 Ellicott St., Buffalo. Parking across the street; credit card payment only. Tickets: $30, members; $60, nonmembers. Registration, www.thepartnership.org/events or 541-1770.
The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Mimis Central Perk Cafe, 24 Central Ave., Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for those in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.