Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Francis “Larry” Shannon of Lake View celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a week’s stay in San Francisco. Mr. Shannon and Georgia Ann “Joy” DiPirro were married Sept. 20, 1962, in Buffalo. The couple had a formal ceremony of marriage Nov. 24, 1962, in Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church, Buffalo. He is a contractor for the U.S. government; she is a retired astrologer. They have five children, two grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Joy and Larry Shannon
- 403 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 145 Letter: Women, not their employers, should pay for birth control
- 110 Letter: Hatred of Obama is richly deserved
- 83 Letter: SAFE Act is flawed, needs to be repealed
- 81 Making the case for Core, King rejects argument that education standards are too difficult