Mr. and Mrs. James Birke of North Tonawanda celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a renewal of marriage vows in St. Jude the Apostle Catholic Church, North Tonawanda, followed by a dinner in McPartlan’s Corner, Cheektowaga. Mr. Birke and Eleanor Wojnowski were married Sept. 15, 1962, in St. John Gualbert Catholic Church. He is a retired machine designer for Schlyer Machine; she is a retired insurance broker for Able Agency. They have four children and six grandchildren.
Eleanor and James Birke
- 483Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 336 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 178 Letter: Krauthammer ignores reality of climate change
- 142 Letter: Birthing center site deserves to be boycotted
- 140 Anti-abortion ads on radio taking graphic aim at Kennedy's pro-choice stance