Mr. and Mrs. James Birke of North Tonawanda celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a renewal of marriage vows in St. Jude the Apostle Catholic Church, North Tonawanda, followed by a dinner in McPartlan’s Corner, Cheektowaga. Mr. Birke and Eleanor Wojnowski were married Sept. 15, 1962, in St. John Gualbert Catholic Church. He is a retired machine designer for Schlyer Machine; she is a retired insurance broker for Able Agency. They have four children and six grandchildren.
Eleanor and James Birke
- 180 Food trucks will start rolling in Amherst again
- 137 Taxpayer fatigue blamed for defeats of six school budgets
- 118 Howard doesn't have the right to decide which laws he thinks should be enforced
- 114 Clarence voters reject 10% tax hike in school budget
- 112 Letter: GOP is trying to distract Americans with 'scandals'