Mr. and Mrs. James Birke of North Tonawanda celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a renewal of marriage vows in St. Jude the Apostle Catholic Church, North Tonawanda, followed by a dinner in McPartlan’s Corner, Cheektowaga. Mr. Birke and Eleanor Wojnowski were married Sept. 15, 1962, in St. John Gualbert Catholic Church. He is a retired machine designer for Schlyer Machine; she is a retired insurance broker for Able Agency. They have four children and six grandchildren.
Eleanor and James Birke
- 210 Friends of injured driver have beef with Schwabl's sign
- 154Salvatore wants mausoleum in front of Steaks, Chops and More
- 125 Orchard Park mother joins fight for medical marijuana with her young daughter in mind
- 108 Letter: Abandon 'Obamacare' and restore free choice
- 100Russ Brandon is concerned about TO, ticket sales at Ralph