Mr. and Mrs. James Birke of North Tonawanda celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a renewal of marriage vows in St. Jude the Apostle Catholic Church, North Tonawanda, followed by a dinner in McPartlan’s Corner, Cheektowaga. Mr. Birke and Eleanor Wojnowski were married Sept. 15, 1962, in St. John Gualbert Catholic Church. He is a retired machine designer for Schlyer Machine; she is a retired insurance broker for Able Agency. They have four children and six grandchildren.
Eleanor and James Birke
- 360 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 262 Sabres suffer credibility problem
- 228 dysfunction returns to sabres front office Mystery surrounds parting with LaFontaine, but it looks like more of the same for this owner
- 145 Sabres' situation is as clear as mud
- 140 Letter: SAFE Act's passage aims to garner votes for Cuomo