Monday Professional groups
• The Niagara Frontier Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers, monthly dinner meeting, 6 p.m., New Era Cap Co., 160 Delaware Ave. Cost, $20. Topic: Working Safely Goes Against Human Nature. Required reservations, www.nfasse.org, follow instructions.
• The Erie County Industrial Development Agency Meeting of the Members, 9 a.m., ECIDA Offices, 143 Genesee St. followed by the Buffalo and Erie County Regional Development Corp. Board of Directors meeting, followed by the Buffalo and Erie County Industrial Land Development Corp. meeting of the directors. Call 856-6525, Ext. 136.
Tuesday Professional groups
• The Western New York Lawyer Chapter of the American Constitution Society, Supreme Court review and preview event, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Ceremonial Courtroom, 92 Franklin St., Second Floor. Program: A panel discussion and keynote address from William P. Marshall, law professor and former deputy assistant to President Clinton. Registration, www.baec.affiniscape.com or call 852-8687.
• The Western New York Paralegal Association, “Lunch ‘N’ Learn” general membership meeting, noon, Jack W. Hunt & Associates, 424 Main St., Suite 1200. Topic: “Hopping on the Technology Train.” Reservations, firstname.lastname@example.org. Information, www.wnyparalegals.org.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 818-2526.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8:30 a.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Free to Chamber members and prospective members. Reservations, 632-6905.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corp. Downtown Committee, noon, City Hall, 901, 65 Niagara Square. Call 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, “Imagine The Arts As Our Universal Language: Why The Arts Matter!” noon-1 p.m., Ring of Knowledge, main floor near Fables Cafe, Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., Tully’s Good Times, 8070 Main St., Williamsville. Assemblyman Ray Walter, will serve as honorary host. Free, members. Information or reservation, www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations, 202-8423.
Seminars and classes
• Western New York Venture Association, Angel Investing Workshop, 8-11:30 a.m., Saturn Club, 977 Delaware Ave. Topic: Don’t let the wrong structure spoil a good deal. Contact Jack McGowan 636-3626, email@example.com.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Sean Patrick’s Restaurant and Banquet Facility, 3480 Millersport Highway, Getzville. Call 433-2402.
• Buffalo Business Networking Event, 7:30-9 a.m., USitek Group, 1720 Military Road, Suite 200. Registration, buffalo-tipclub-oct2012.eventbrite.com/
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Mimis Central Perk Cafe, 24 Central Ave., Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking Amherst Meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Canisius@Amherst Conference Center, 300 Corporate Parkway, Amherst. Topic: Appreciation: A Lost Art? Reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Business Helping Business, a group of multidisciplinary business professionals, 4:30 p.m., Pearl Street Grill, 76 Pearl St. Information, www.bhbwny.com or 796-7248.
Seminars and classes
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce, Women In Business Conference, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Samuel’s Grande Manor, 8750 Main St., Clarence. Program: “You and the Health of Your Business” with Mary Anne Cappellino, BAC wellness director. Information, 631-3888 or www.clarence.org.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 648-3230.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest Road, Amherst. Reservations, 998-6021.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information, 868-6018.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• Southtowns Business Network, breakfast networking meeting, 8 a.m., Alton’s Restaurant, 2221 Transit Road, Elma. Information, 681-5311 or www.southtownsbiznet.org.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, “Imagine A Healthy & Wealthy Buffalo Niagara Region: Celebrating ‘The Year Of The City’” 12:15-1 p.m., Buffalo State College, 302 Rockwell Hall, 1300 Elmwood Ave. Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• The Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, October Luncheon, noon, Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St. Topic: Panel discussion on school consolidation. Cost; $20, advance, members; $25, advance, nonmembers. Reservations, 684-5838.
• The Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 a.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace. Information, call 854-3397.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information, www.workingfordowntown.org.
• The Hamburg Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the East Aurora, Springville, and Orchard Park Chambers of Commerce, Speed Networking event, 5:30 p.m., Fox Run, 1 Fox Run Lane, Orchard Park. Cost, $10. Advance reservations required, 649-7917.
Seminars and classes
• The Western New York Charter Chapter of the American Business Women’s Association Conference, 7:30 a.m., Adam’s Mark Hotel, 120 Church St. Program: The New Normal with Lisa Oz, keynote speaker. The conference will include a continental breakfast, several professional development sessions and leadership professional development sessions, interactive vendor showcase and a cocktail hour. Tickets, $129, to Oct. 17, and $149 on Oct. 18. Registration, visit www.abwawny.com.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 408-2525.
• Biz LINKT meeting, 7:30 a.m., Entercom Studios, 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200, Amherst.
• University at Buffalo School of Law Mitchell lecture, 2 p.m., Room 106, John Lord O’Brian Hall, North Campus, Amherst. Topic: “When Caring Is Work: Home, Health, and the Invisible Workforce.” Free. Information, email@example.com or 645-7347.
Seminars and classes
• Becker Beauty Show “It’s a Beautiful Business,” 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Niagara Falls Conference and Event Center, 101 Old Falls St. Niagara Falls. Program: “It’s a Beautiful Business.”