•Buffalo Chapter of the Project Management Institute, networking event and tour, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Hotel@Lafayette, 391 Washington, Buffalo, follow by appetizers at the Pan American Grill & Brewery. Information, visit www.pmibuffalo.org.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information, 818-2526.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m., today and 8:30 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Free to Chamber members and prospective members. Reservations, 632-6905.
• Niagara Business Network, 8-9:15 a.m., Dick & Jenny’s Restaurant, 1270 Baseline Road, Grand Island. Call 863-0260 or visit www.niagara-business-network.com.
• The Erie County Industrial Development Agency executive committee meeting, 10 a.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St. Buffalo, Call 856-6525, Ext. 115.
• Center for the Study of Art, Architecture, History and Nature and Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, lecture discussion series, “IMAGINE Buffalo Niagara as a Bi-national Cultural Center: Why Preservation Matters!” 12:10-1 p.m., Ring of Knowledge, main floor near Fables Cafe, Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square. Information, www.buffaloah.com.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations, 202-8423.
• The Buffalo Chapter of the National Association of Purchasing Management, dinner and networking meeting, 5 p.m., Protocol Restaurant, 6766 Transit Road, Williamsville. Cost: $25, members and guests; $15, full time students. Reservations, 648-0972.
• APICS-Buffalo, the Association for Operations Management, professional development and dinner meeting, 6 p.m., Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Networking and cash bar, 5:30 p.m., Topic: Cut Through the Hype: A Fresh Approach to ERP Selection. Cost: $25, members and guests; $15, full-time student. Information and registration, www.apics-buffalo.com or 648-0972.
• WNY State Nursery and Landscape Association, general membership meeting, 7–9 p.m., Protocol Restaurant, 6766 Transit Road, Williamsville. Reservations, 741-8047. Information, www.wnysnla.org.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Sean Patrick’s Restaurant and Banquet Facility, 3480 Millersport Highway, Getzville. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Mimis Central Perk Cafe, 24 Central Ave., Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.
• Working for Downtown, Brown Bag Lunch Series, noon-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square (second-floor meeting room). Speaker: Dottie Gallagher Cohen, president & CEO, Visit Buffalo Niagara. Required reservations or to order a $10 box lunch, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Business Helping Business, a group of multi-disciplinary business professionals, 4:30 p.m., Pearl Street Grill, 76 Pearl St., Buffalo. Information, 796-7248.
• BizLINKT, After Hours Networking event, 4:30-7 p.m., AuNatural Boutique, Western New York Breast Health Building, 3915 Sheridan Drive. Reservation, 874-1202 or email email@example.com.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce Emerging Business Leaders ProMix, professional mixer, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Statler City, 107 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Speaker: Brendan Mehaffy, City of Buffalo’s executive director for Strategic Planning. Visit www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• National Association of Women Business Owners, dinner and networking meeting, 5:30 p.m., Windows on the Green, Westwood Country Club, 772 North Forest Road, Williamsville. Cost: $40, members and guests. Reservations: call 238-2461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminars and classes
• The Buffalo State College Small Business Development Center, Survive and Thrive: Essentials for Starting Your Own Small Business workshop, 8:30 a.m.-noon, Burchfield Penney Art Center, Second floor, 1300 Elmwood Ave. Registration, 8 to 8:30 a.m. Cost: $20, individuals; fee waived for Buffalo State faculty, staff, students, alumni and U.S. military veterans. Call 878-4030.
• The Buffalo Chapter Society of Financial Service Professionals, professional development meeting, 8-9:30 a.m., Milo’s Banquet facility, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Sign in, 7:45 a.m. Topic: Participant fee Disclosure under ERISA Section 408 (a)(5). 1 credit. Required reservations events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=op9vvofab&oeidk=a07e6ewxy2cb570ee08
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 648-3230.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest Road, Amherst. Reservations, 998-6021.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information, 868-6018.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• The Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 a.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Program: Peace Bridge Renovations, presented by Sam Hoyt, Empire State Development; Ron Rienas, Peace Bridge Authority. Information, call 854-3397.
• Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Independent Health’s open enrollment information seminar, 5-5:30 p.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Information or registration, 632-905 or www.amherst.org.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information, www.workingfordowntown.org.
• Chautauqua County Chamber of Commerce Annual Awards Banquet, 6 p.m., Fredonia State College, Williams Center, Ring Road, Fredonia. Information, 484-1101 or www.chautauquachamber.org/events.
Seminars and classes
• The International Council of Shopping Centers, ICSC, Buffalo Deal Making and Networking Luncheon, noon, Hyatt Regency Buffalo, Two Fountain Plaza, Buffalo. Program: Expanding Retail Development in Emerging Urban Markets, Robert Shibley, dean, University at Buffalo School of Architecture and Planning. Information, William Taylor, email@example.com.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information, 408-2525.