Mr. and Mrs. Frederick P. Kurtz of Hamburg celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a Mass offered by the Rev. Pascal Ipolito in St. Francis of Assisi Church, Athol Springs, followed by a dinner party hosted by their sons at the Hamburg Village Fire Hall. The couple is planning a fall trip to the Caribbean. Mr. Kurtz and Virginia Volo were married Aug. 25, 1962, in St. Francis of Assisi Church. He is retired from management for National Fuel Gas and sales at Boncraft Printing; she is currently working for Erie Community College South Campus. They have three sons and two grandchildren.
Virginia and Fred Kurtz
- 405 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 152 Letter: Women, not their employers, should pay for birth control
- 137 Letter: Hatred of Obama is richly deserved
- 91 Letter: SAFE Act is flawed, needs to be repealed
- 89 Making the case for Core, King rejects argument that education standards are too difficult