Mr. and Mrs. John Suida of Eden celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary with martial blessing at SS. Peter and Paul Catholic Church, Hamburg, followed by a family dinner at Romanello's Restaurant, Hamburg. Mr. Suida and Virginia Bartus were married Aug. 5, 1947, in St. Hyacinth's Catholic Church, Lackawanna. He is a retired carpenter for Bethlehem Steel, and a retired bus driver for Eden Central Schools; she formerly held various part-time positions. They have two children, two grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
John and Virginia Suida
- 405 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 152 Letter: Women, not their employers, should pay for birth control
- 137 Letter: Hatred of Obama is richly deserved
- 90 Letter: SAFE Act is flawed, needs to be repealed
- 89 Making the case for Core, King rejects argument that education standards are too difficult