Mr. and Mrs. Walter S. Parks of Allegany, formerly of Cheektowaga, celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary with marital blessing at St. Bonaventure Catholic Church, Allegany, followed by a family dinner at Moonwinks Restaurant, Cuba. Mr. Parks and Alice Chmura were married Aug. 15, 1942, in St. John Gualbert Catholic Church, Cheektowaga. He is retired corporate representative for Westinghouse; she is a retired elementary teacher for Cheektowaga School District. They have three children, four grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Walter and Alice Parks
- 404 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 152 Letter: Women, not their employers, should pay for birth control
- 130 Letter: Hatred of Obama is richly deserved
- 89 Making the case for Core, King rejects argument that education standards are too difficult
- 89 Letter: SAFE Act is flawed, needs to be repealed