Deacon and Mrs. Joseph P. Mercurio of East Aurora celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a renewal of marriage vows at Annunciation Catholic Church, Elma, followed by a gathering for family and friends at O'Brien Sleepy Hollow, Elma. Mr. Mercurio and Marlene Mackenna were married May 30, 1962, in St. Benedict's Catholic Church, Eggertsville. He is a retired IRS appeals officer and an ordained deacon for the Diocese of Buffalo; she is a design consultant for various Buffalo firms. They have four sons and eight grandchildren.
- 397 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 114 Letter: Women, not their employers, should pay for birth control
- 106 Letter: Hatred of Obama is richly deserved
- 86 Letter: Let's find a better way to classify sex offenders
- 81 Making the case for Core, King rejects argument that education standards are too difficult