Hunt said that it bought Turning Key Realty, an agency owned and run by industry veteran Terri Kern that has 14 sales associates and an office at 4784 North French Road. It did not disclose the price or other terms.
Hunt will keep that location, and Kern will become the Niagara regional supervising branch leader for the firm's offices in Wheatfield, Lockport and Lewiston, in addition to remaining as leader of her own sales team in Amherst. Kern was previously a sales agent for Hunt and graduated from the agency's leadership development firm.
"We have had a long-standing friendship with Terri Kern," said President and CEO Peter F. Hunt. "When we were searching for the right person to take us to the next level in this region, it seemed logical to contact Terri. We are delighted to reconnect with her and her growing team in this way."
This is the latest purchase by Hunt, which bought Century 21 Capital Realty Group in the Rochester suburb of Greece a year ago and relocated its West Seneca office to Southgate Plaza last month.
Hunt also appointed 25-year industry veteran Jamie Mendel-Kolb as broker consultant or office manager for its Lockport branch in Ulrich City Center, as part of Kern's regional leadership group. In that role, she leads all the agents and staff in that office.
The 101-year-old Hunt firm, which has posted more than $1 billion in sales through the first nine months of its fiscal year, is ranked 34th in the country in "closed transaction sides." It has 35 offices throughout upstate New York, as well as Phoenix.
Hunt acquires Turning Key Realty
Press releases from Business Wire.
- Seneca Niagara Casino shows off $26 million makeover
- Albany OKs ‘job-creation vehicles’ totaling $60.8 million for WNY projects
- M&T experiments with job-search services for struggling mortgage customers
- Canada’s postal service to end home delivery, plans price hike
- Madoff sought to avoid being seen in handcuffs, former finance chief testifies
- 331 Friends of injured driver have beef with Schwabl's sign
- 239 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 129 Letter: NY SAFE Act recognizes Second Amendment rights
- 100 Letter: Democrats, not GOP, are hostile to women
- 78 Another Voice: Erie COunty has the opportunity to protect itself from fracking chemicals