Bids for garbage and recycling totes will be opened Monday morning in the town clerk’s office.
The town teamed up with the City of Lackawanna to seek bids for wheeled garbage totes with attached lids, which are considered a major weapon in the ongoing fight against rodent infestations in Buffalo’s first-ring suburbs. The town also sought bids for recycling totes.
Only two bids were submitted during the original solicitation, but other companies contacted town officials afterward, claiming they never received specifications. The Town Board voted to reject the first two bids, which also came in higher than expected.
Also this week:
• The West Seneca School Board is holding its organizational meeting at 5:30 p.m. Monday in West Elementary School, 1397 Orchard Park Road. A board president and vice president will be elected, and the board is expected to appoint a new principal for West Elementary School.
• The Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers in Town Hall, 1250 Union Road. A work session will be held at 3 p.m. in the same location.
• Doug Yeoman is the featured performer at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Lions Club Band Shell behind Town Hall. The free event, sponsored by the local Kiwanis and Rotary clubs, will be moved to the Senior Citizens Center, 4620 Seneca St., if it rains.
• A performance of the West Seneca Town Band is scheduled for 7 p.m. Thursday in the Lions Club Band Shell. The free concert is sponsored by the Town Board.
• The third annual Super Cruise Night begins at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Queen of Heaven Church, Seneca Street and Mill Road. There also will be free entertainment from 6 to 10 p.m.
• Carnival 2013 at Queen of Heaven Church will be held Friday night through Sunday, featuring live music, dinners served Friday night and Sunday in the air-conditioned parish center, amusement rides, and gambling and beer tents. “Rocket Ball Bingo” will be played from 3 to 9 p.m. Saturday, and theme basket, vehicle and trip raffles will be held Sunday night. Details at QofHcarnival.com.