Hamburg village officials said the village will vigorously enforce parking restrictions along Union Street during Burgerfest.
Parking is allowed on one side of the street. Fire Chief Tim Moses said it is impossible to drive a fire truck down the street if there is parking on both sides, and the Village Board agreed emergency access should be maintained. Burgerfest will take place July 20.
Also, Hamburg native Brian Krawczyk will compete in the International Tree Climbing Championship next month after claiming first place in the state competition. Krawczyk, a Rochester arborist who is a 1991 graduate of Hamburg Central High School, is a four-time state champion.
Also this week:
• The Hamburg Village Historic Preservation Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Frontier School Board meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday for a reorganizational meeting and regular board meeting. The board meets in the Frontier Educational Center board room, 5120 Orchard Ave., Hamburg.
• The Hamburg Village Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg Central School Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Armor Elementary School, 5301 Abbott Road. The board plans to go into executive session at 6:30 and return to the public session at 7:30 p.m.
•The Blasdell Farmers Market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave.
• Urban Renewal will play at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in JFK playground in Blasdell.
• The town Planning Board will conduct a work session at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Room 7B in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave., followed by a regular meeting. Among the items on the agenda are a public hearing on a special use permit and site plan of a proposed craft farm brewery at 6553 Boston State Road, and a discussion on the draft environmental impact statement for the Willow Woods subdivision off Taylor Road.
• The Hamburg Village Band is scheduled to perform at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Memorial Park as part of the Hamburg village summer concert series.
• The Hamburg Village Traffic Safety Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg Village Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg Farmer’s market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the village municipal lot off Union and Main streets.
• The Hamburg village garden walk will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. next Saturday and Sunday.