Stop signs will be installed at the intersection of Wojcik Street and Milsom Avenue, in response to a request by residents.
The request was approved last week by the Town Board. Signs will be placed on all four sides of the intersection.
Also this week:
• Jack Civiletto and the Pyramid Band Orchestra will perform the hits of Frank Sinatra at 7 p.m. today at the Casimir Pulaski Cultural Center in the Town Park on Harlem Road.
• A Town Board workshop begins at 6 p.m. Monday in the second-floor conference room at Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• Crash Cadillac will perform at 6 p.m. Tuesday under the gazebo at the Senior Center, 3349 Broadway, next to Town Hall, as part of the Senior Concert Series. Bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on.
• “Magic of Course” by Ted & Corey will be featured at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the outdoor amphitheater in the Town Park on Harlem Road.
• The organizational meeting of the Cheektowaga-Sloan School Board is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Irma Czubaj Board Room at Woodrow Wilson Elementary School, 166 Halstead Ave., Sloan. A work session will follow.
• The Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in Council Chambers at Town Hall.
• Elvis, aka Patrick Johnson, will perform at 7 p.m. Thursday in a free concert in Griffith Park in Sloan. Bring a blanket to sit on; refreshments will be sold.
• Cheektowaga Family Days will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday in the Town Park on Harlem Road. An arts and crafts festival also will be held in the park.
• Applications are due July 21 to enter next month’s third annual Street Hockey Festival, sponsored by the town’s Youth & Recreational Services Department, along with The Buffalo Storm Inline & Street Hockey Program. The maximum team size is six, including the goalie. The tournament will be held Aug. 3 and 4 at Stiglmeier and North Creek parks. Applications can be downloaded at www.buffalostorm.net; click on News & Events.