Kaleida Health and a group of doctors plan to build a $2.65 million ambulatory surgery center in Orchard Park, according to plans filed with the state Health Department, which still must approve the project.
The partners, operating under the name Southtowns Venture LLC, plan to build a 16,082-square-foot facility at 5959 Big Tree Road that includes four operating rooms.
A Kaleida subsidiary, KH Venture Services, will own 50.5 percent of the center, and the doctors’ group will own the other 49.5 percent.
Southtowns Venture must receive a certificate of need from the Health Department before it can move forward with its plans. A Kaleida Health spokesman didn’t respond to phone and email messages Friday.
The ambulatory surgery center would be part of a $30 million, 167,000-square-foot medical complex proposed by developer Peter L. Krog for the site, which sits near the Route 219 interchange. The construction now under way at the property visible from the expressway.
Krog Corp. bought the vacant site in 2009 for $1.15 million from Benderson Development.
The Orchard Park Town Board in June 2012 approved the site plan and building permit for the medical complex but only after numerous delays that frustrated the physician partners in the project, according to previous Buffalo News articles.
Dr. Brian E. McGrath told Town Board members last summer that he formed the physicians’ group, which had 18 members, several years ago.
A required traffic study prompted some of the delay. And more than 100 neighboring residents signed a petition opposing the medical complex, citing increased traffic, noise and lights in their yards and threats to their privacy.