Village Board members have approved changes to several businesses in the commercial district, including a deck at 297 Buffalo St., new awnings and a change in trim colors at August Bistro and Bar, 32 Main St.; for Hardieboard siding at Braymiller Builders, 207 Lake St.; and for new signs at Affordable Dentistry at 198 Main St. and Tevington Jewelers, 1 Main St.
Also this week:
• The Town Board will conduct a work session at 6 p.m. Monday in Conference Room 1 of Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave., followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the board room.
•The Blasdell Farmers Market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave.
• The Hamburg village Historic Preservation Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Village Hall. 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg village Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg Central School Board will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Armor Elementary School, 5301 Abbott Road. The board will conduct a public hearing on the code of conduct, then plans to go into executive session at 6:30 p.m. The board plans to return to an open session at 7:30 p.m.
• The Hamburg village Environmental Conservation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg village Traffic Safety Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• The fourth Rotary Peace Forum, “Opening Avenues to Create a Culture of Peace,” will take place at 7 p.m. Thursday in 101 Bogel Hall, Hilbert College. The event is sponsored by Rotary District 7090, which includes the Southtowns Rotary Clubs of East Aurora, Hamburg, Hamburg Sunrise, Orchard Park, South Shore, and West Seneca, as well as Hilbert College, the Western New York Peace Center, Interfaith Peace Network and Peace Education Project.
• The Hamburg Farmer’s market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the village municipal lot off Union and Main streets.