The fifth annual Cheektowaga Crabapple Festival winds up today, with events scheduled at the War of 1812 Cemetery and in Town Park.
A commemoration ceremony begins at noon in the Aero Drive cemetery.
The site formerly housed barracks that later were used as hospitals for sick and wounded soldiers. American and British soldiers who died in the hospitals are buried there.
At 6:45 p.m., a Flag Day concert begins in Town Park, on Harlem Road. Performances are scheduled by the Cheektowaga Central Jazz Ensemble and the Cheektowaga Community Symphony Orchestra.
A fireworks display begins at dusk.
Also this week:
• The Maryvale School Board meets at 6 p.m. Monday in the Board of Education Room at the Samuel R. Bennett Administration Building, 1050 Maryvale Drive.
• A work session of the Town Board begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Council Office at Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• Tuesday is the deadline to order tickets for “Meander in the Woods,” a fundraising event to support environmental education programs at Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve. The event will be held from 4:30 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Reinstein Woods, 93 Honorine Drive, and features a barbecue dinner and a stroll along a “dessert trail;” live entertainment; and a basket auction inside the education center. Tickets are $30 in advance, available from the education center or by calling 683-5959.
• A meeting of the Cheektowaga Central School Board begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the high school, 3600 Union Road.
• The Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in Council Chambers at Town Hall.