The Hamburg Chamber of Commerce will sponsor a presentation by Rep. Chris Collins, R-Clarence, Friday morning at Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave., Blasdell. Check-in starts at 8 a.m. with breakfast and the program to begin at 8:30 a.m.
Collins will give an update on what is happening in Washington, D.C. with a focus on fiscal policy. He also plans to speak about his work as a member of the House Agriculture and Small Business Committees. He is the chairman of the Small Business Subcommittee on Health and Technology, which is charged with examining how the cost of health care is impacting American small business.
Also, registration for town Recreation Department programs such as swimming, bowling, basketball leagues and tennis for youths and adults is taking place and may be done in person at the Recreation Office, 2982 Lakeview Road,(Nike Base), online at www.townofhamburgny.com, or by calling 646-5145.
Also this week:
• Children’s Day, with special activities for children and families, will take place from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Penn Dixie Site , 4050 North St.
• The Hamburg Village Board will conduct a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday followed by a regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The town Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Room 7B in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The town Planning Board will conduct a work session at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Room 7B in Town Hall.
• The summer concert series starts at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Memorial Park with the Hamburg High School Jazz and Wind ensemble.
•The Blasdell Farmers Market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave.
• The Hamburg Village Recreation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Youth Center, 200 Prospect Ave.
• The Hamburg Village Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg Farmer’s market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the village municipal lot off Union and Main streets.
• An astronomy program will be conducted at the Penn Dixie Paleontological and Outdoor Education Center at 8 p.m. Saturday, 4050 North St. . The public is invited and no pre-registration is required. The cost is $3 per person for non-members, and children 2 and under are free.